Script Pipeline TV Writing ContestSubscribe
- $25,000 to winner, $2,500 to runner-up
- Introductions to managers, producers, agents, directors, and others searching for screenplays
- Long-term script circulation to industry and continual guidance connecting with companies
- Development assistance from Script Pipeline's senior execs
- Additional script reviews and consideration of other material for industry exposure
- Invitations to private events hosted by Pipeline Media Group
- Cover page should include the title, but remove any contact information (name, email address, etc.). Logline and genre on the title page as well is preferred.
- Co-writers are allowed. List each writer's name when registering your script.
- PDF required. All software should have a convert to PDF function, including Final Draft and other screenwriting software.
- Script must be an original pilot. We will not be accepting spec scripts of existing shows. All genres are allowed, and there are no length requirements. If it's a multi-part series, please send only the first part.
- Script Pipeline Screenwriting or TV Writing winners, runners-up, and finalists since 2011 are not eligible.
- No limit on the number of entries. Each entry is a separate fee.
- Simultaneous submissions are allowed (i.e., you can enter other screenwriting contests with the same script).
- All rights to the material remain with the entrant, whether they place as a finalist or not.
- The script entered must not have been produced in its full form. Shorts based on the script are fine.
- Electronic submissions only.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at time of entry.
CAN INTERNATIONAL WRITERS ENTER?
Yes. Applicants outside the US are welcome to enter ANY Script Pipeline contest.
ARE NOTES INCLUDED?
Written feedback is not included on entries, but entrants may add general notes as an optional service during registration, for a reduced rate. Feedback is kept separate from judging—meaning you'll have a different executive reviewing your contest entry, and the notes have no bearing on the judging process.
WILL YOU ACCEPT TV SERIES PITCHES?
Only scripts are accepted. This includes hourlong, half-hour, and digital or short-form series scripts. Pitches may be submitted to our Idea Competition.
ARE SPECS OF EXISTING SERIES ALLOWED?
We no longer accept specs of existing shows. All submissions must be an original pilot script.
SHOULD I PUT CONTACT INFO ON THE COVER PAGE?
Cover page should include the title, but remove any contact information (name, email address, etc.) from the script. Logline and genre on the title page as well is preferred, but not required.
CAN I SUBMIT TO OTHER CONTESTS OR COMPANIES AFTER ENTERING?
Yes. There are no restrictions on submitting to other writing competitions, or sending your script elsewhere while entered in the contest.
IF I PLACE AS A FINALIST OR WINNER, DO I RETAIN THE RIGHTS TO MY SCRIPT?
Yes. All rights to the material remain with the writer, regardless of whether they place.
ARE WRITING TEAMS ACCEPTED?
Two or more writers are fine. Only one writer needs to register. If the script is selected as a Quarterfinalist, all co-writer names will be added to the announcement.
Contact our contest coordinator with any other questions.