Filmmatic Screenplay Awards - DRAMA
2019 season now open
Next Deadline January 31st
|Early||January 31st, 2019||$40|
|Regular||February 28th, 2019||$45|
|Late||March 31st, 2019||$50|
|Extended||April 30th, 2019||$55|
|Early||January 31st, 2019||$115|
|Regular||February 28th, 2019||$120|
|Late||March 31st, 2019||$125|
|Extended||April 30th, 2019||$130|
|Early||January 31st, 2019||$20|
|Regular||February 28th, 2019||$20|
|Late||March 31st, 2019||$25|
|Extended||April 30th, 2019||$25|
The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and educate those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.
The Season 4 Filmmatic DRAMA competition is open to feature-length and short works, screenplays and teleplays.
10 Honorees, 1 Overall-Winner, and 100 Finalists will be named. All Winners and Finalists will be announced by June 15, 2019.
EXPOSURE AND CONNECTIONS ARE KEY TO GETTING YOUR WORK NOTICED AND PRODUCED...
IT'S THE FILMMATIC SCREENPLAY AWARDS STAFF'S GOAL TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY MAXIMUM EXPOSURE, INTO THE RIGHT HANDS, AND INTO PRODUCTION!
- $1,000 Cash to the Overall Winner;
- Virtual PitchFest pitch-packages for all 10 Honorees;
- INKTIP Membership/Listing Packages for all Categorical Winners;
- Invites to the 2019+2020 Filmmatic - Sundance Film Festival networking event (MONDAY ON MAIN STREET) for ALL ENTRANTS!;
- Feature Story spotlighting all Honorees and Finalists to be published on the Filmmatic.com e-zine;
- Press Release regarding all Winning/Finalist Screenwriters and their Works to be distributed to all major Film/TV agencies and studios;
- Honoree and Winning Screenplays distributed to our growing list of reading Managers and Agents;
- Press Release naming all Winners and their Works distributed to our 22,000+ Industry Contacts;
- Producers Consultation for the Overall Winner
1) Judges and employees who work for Filmmatic.com are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry. By submitting online to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, entrant warants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.6) Entrants to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
6) Entrants to the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to either method of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions my mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Filmmatic Screenplay Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Filmmatic Screenplay Awards or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a package