Table Read My Screenplay - Park CitySubscribe
- $1500 Cash
- Flight & Lodging
- A Live Table Read of Your Script
- Invitation onto the ISA Development Slate
- ISAConnect Membership
- 4 Days of Sundance Movie Tickets, Parties and Panels
An established director is guaranteed to personally meet with you to workshop your script with professional actors. After the festival, you’ll become an elite member of the ISA Development Slate, where the Development Team will work with you for a minimum of 1 year to get you and your script in front of producers, literary representatives and other industry executives from companies like:
- Eclectic Pictures
- Bohemia Group Originals
- Many more...
- Script Studio Screenwriting Software
- ISAConnect Membership ($120 Value)
- ISA Logline Review ($39 Value)
- The Craft Course Online ($99 Value)
- 3 Months of ISAConnect
2023 Grand Prize Winner on Coverfly
- This contest is open to anyone except all employees, directors, associates, and immediate families of the TABLE READ MY SCREENPLAY Contest.
- We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, color, sex, age, veteran status, or disability. It is our intention that all qualified submissions be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on script-related factors alone.
- Promotional discounts offered may only be utilized at the time of submission and no partial refund for a promotional code may be issued after an entry has been officially submitted.
- Promotional discounts or waivers offered may not apply on all submission platforms (i.e. ISA, Film Freeway).
- Once material has been entered, no substitutions of new drafts or corrections will be considered past 24 hours from original submission time and date. After this time you may fill in an entry form and pay the appropriate entry fee to submit any script revisions or changes as many times as you like up until the deadline. You are free to email email@example.com with a revised logline or contact details at no additional charge.
- Those that receive free feedback are not eligible to receive a free resubmission, which comes as an option with purchased feedback, unless otherwise noted in a promotion.
- Eligible resubmissions will be honored in the succeeding contest.
- Table Read My Screenplay cannot guarantee feedback will be received within enough time to resubmit within the same contest.
- The writer understands that feedback can take up to 90 days turn-around time and may not be received before the end of the contest.
- TRMS Feature or Pilot Grand Prize winners from previous seasons may only submit to a contest city outside of the city in which they won and may only submit with a new screenplay. Previous Short Grand Prize winners may enter any contest provided they enter a feature next. If a writer wins the Grand Prize in two cities they are ineligible to submit in any future contest season.
- TRMS 2nd-10th Place Finalists may submit again with a completely different screenplay. Those who have placed as a top 10 (2nd-10th place overall) winner three times with three different screenplays in two different cities (3 in each city for a total of 6 placements) are ineligible to submit in any future contest season.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided you have the writer’s written permission to adapt the work.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible, however you are responsible for the legalities of this.
- Collaborative work is eligible; the writers are responsible for the distribution of the contest prize(s).
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- The work or submitted material must not be in a current option agreement, or may not have been previously sold or produced for profit.
- Writer understands and accepts without reservation that he/she is an independent contractor and that the contest administrators are not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments on prize money to any government agency, at any level, be it state, local or federal.
- Writer understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to register material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writers Guild of America West or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
- You must retain at least one copy of the submitted material, and you understand that all material we receive cannot and will not be returned under any circumstances.
- Recommended length of your work:
Feature – (70 – 120 pages), TV Pilots – (10 – 60 pages), Shorts – (1-40 pages), Web Series – (1-20 pages)
- If a screenplay is submitted for feedback and is over 120 pages, an additional fee of $1 per page will apply and the contestant will be contacted and billed separately for the extra, or only the first 120 pages will be read.
- All entries must be received by Final Deadline. TRMS reserves the right to extend the contest deadline up to 90 days.
- TRMS is not responsible for late, lost, unacceptably formatted, corrupt, or incorrect submissions.
- Contestants may submit their screenplay to any other person, contest, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization.
- Contestants retain all rights to their screenplay, subject to the terms and agreements contained herein.
- TRMS will only accept your submission if you assure us that to the best of your knowledge you are the sole originator of the idea and that you have the legal right to submit it for judging to TRMS.
- You understand that your logline and / or screenplay will be reviewed by our employees and/or our panel of Industry Judges for evaluation. You also understand that any one of these employees or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to yours and you hereby waive any claim that TRMS, its employees or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission logline or script.
- No agreement for compensation, other than the TRMS prizes listed, has been implied.
- If you win an ISAConnect membership, the membership will auto-renew after your free term if you do not cancel it and you will be billed the regular monthly fee.
- TRMS intends to submit the Semi-Finalists to respected producers with your permission, which will be granted upon clicking the ‘I have Read and Understand the Contest Rules’ button. You can withdraw from this process at any time.
- When your screenplay, application, and payment have all been received, you will be notified by email only. Please provide an appropriate email address. If your email address changes, it is your responsibility to let us know.
- By entering this contest and in the event you / your screenplay is declared a Semi-Finalist, you understand and accept that TRMS will be free to use your name and likeness for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- If you are a GRAND PRIZE Winner, 2nd or 3rd Place overall winner (if applicable), you agree to give TRMS permission to post your video or audio Table Read on its web site.
- All contest participants understand and agree with the following:
- TRMS reserves the right to award a cash prize, at its discretion. A Grand Prize Winner is under no obligation to accept the associated prizes but will not be awarded or owed a cash replacement upon electing not to move forward with prizes offered. This includes local winners.
- International flight not to exceed $1000. Domestic flight not to exceed $600. There is no cash reimbursement for flights that cost more than the limit nor will there be a disbursement of the difference for flights that are less than the $1500 / $800 limit.
- TRMS may develop a series or documentary style program based on the inner workings of the contest and the production resulting there from. TRMS reserves the right to contact contestants with offers to participate in any such production. Contestants are under no obligation to participate therein.
- Contest applicants must accept without reservation the decisions rendered by the judges.
- There are no refunds for submissions at any time for any reason.
- TRMS has the right to change or add to the prizes at any time, without notice, and/or substitute prizes of equal or lesser value.
- TRMS is not affiliated directly with the Sundance Film Festival. Winner passes and access to the festival does not imply an association or additional access.