Sun Valley Film FestivalSubscribe
The High Scribe screenwriting competition selects an emerging writer and welcomes the individual into everything SVFF has to offer; mentorship with our network of award-winning screenwriters and producers including Will McCormack, Chris Moore, and Heather Rae, a week-long residency, and access to panels and parties at the Festival.
The winner of the High Scribe Competition will be invited to return for a week later in the year as Writer-In-Residence at the historic Ernest and Mary Hemingway House, owned and operated by The Community Library.
2023 Winner on Coverfly
No announcement dates listed.
- - All submissions must be accompanied by a logline and a non-refundable entry fee.
- - Artistic statements, resumes, and bios are also welcome but not required.
- Applicants must submit ONE (1) copy of their screenplay or PDF file. (Please submit the entire script)
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All fees are nonrefundable.
- - All works must be original and unproduced as of January 1st, 2024
- Finalists will be notified in early February