Presented by Variety, the Lab is one of SVFF’s most anticipated events and features a moderated Q&A, exclusive live table read, and the High Scribe screenwriting contest.
Past hosts and mentors have included:
- Academy Award winner Stephen Gaghan [Traffic]
- Academy Award winner David Seidler [The King’s Speech]
- Academy Award winners Nat Faxon and Jim Rash [The Descendants]
- Academy Award nominees Melisa Wallack and Craig Borten [Dallas Buyers Club]
- Screenwriter Will McCormack [Toy Story 4]
- Filmmaking legend Mark Duplass [Togetherness].
During the Screenwriters Lab, these dynamos discuss their careers, present their latest work during a live table read, and take questions from the audience. It's an incredible learning experience for writers with unmatched interaction.
The finalists of the High Scribe Competition will receive festival badges, lodging, and exclusive invites to all of the parties, coffee talks, and events of the Sun Valley Film Festival.
The top three High Scribe finalists will enjoy exclusive residency at the SVFF where they are housed and mentored by established screenwriters, included in parties, and provided a Filmmaker's Pass to the Festival. The High Scribe winner receives a cash prize of $1,000 and invaluable career mentoring from top industry experts.
The mentor for this year's High Scribe Finalists is:
Trevor Groth -- Head of the Financier/Production company 30WEST, and former Director of Programming for the Sundance Film Festival.
**The complete list of mentors and hosts will be available soon.
- All submissions must be accompanied by a logline and a non-refundable entry fee.
- Artistic statements, resumes and bios are also welcome but not required.
- Applicants must submit ONE (1) copy of their screenplay or PDF file. (Please submit entire script)
- Multiple entries are permissible, but each entry must be accompanied by a separate entry and fee.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All fees are nonrefundable.
- All works must be original and unproduced as of March 1st, 2019
- Finalists will be notified early March
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a category