Filmmatic Short Screenplay AwardsSubscribe
"Short-form films can be great calling cards. They help writers and directors flesh out their unique voices without great expense of time or money. They allow artists to venture out of their comfort zone, show off their wares, and speak to the world without first having to obtain studio or distributor permission...."
The Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards were created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and promote those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.
We are accepting short screenplays of all genres, including pilots and webisodes (Up to 50 pages). Laurels will be awarded to Quarterfinalists, 100+ Semifinalists, 10 Finalists and 1 Overall Winner. See below for prize information.
“Hidden screenplays never get produced”…. Enter your work today (carpe diem!).
* $1000 Cash Prize for the Overal Winner
* InkTip Listing Packages for all Finalists
* Filmmatic Sundance Networking Event VIP-invites for all Entrants!
* Press and Exposure on behalf of each season's Finalists and Winners
Season 7 Winner on Coverfly
1) Judges and employees of Filmmatic.comm, Inktip.com, and Jungle Software are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) This is a "green" contest, as such we do not accept hardcopy submissions by mail. Thanks!
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry form. By submitting online to the Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards, entrant warrants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay has been written by multiple writers, all prizes and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the entrant's risk and discretion. Filmmatic will reach out for additional credit details when necessary for press and publicity purposes.
4) Entrants are not required to list writer/contact information on their title page. Entrants may list such information at their discretion. Filmmatic will utilize entry form contact information when sending notice to entrants/Finalists/Winners.
5) Uploaded entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards competition retain all rights to their work.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage), or FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to any method of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline to be counted accordingly.
9) Once a screenplay has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revisions. If you wish to submit a revised version of your project, you must enter it as a new submission, and note that it is a replacement.
10) The Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards staff will not share your work with anyone except staff and the official judges of the competition without prior permission. All screenplay and contact requests will be forwarded to the entrant.
11) By entering the Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) Entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
14) The decisions of the Filmmatic judges' panel are final.
15) The Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of the same or similar value.
16) Notification of official Finalists and Winners will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards or our sponsors. Entrants will be responsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.