"Short-form films can be great calling cards. They help writers and directors flesh out their unique voices without great expense of time or money. They allow artists to venture out of their comfort zone, show off their wares, and speak to the world without first having to obtain studio or distributor permission...."
The Filmmatic Short Screenplay Awards were all created to locate and expose up-and-coming screenwriters, as well as to empower and promote those talented writers still waiting for their invitation to the mainstream industry.
We are accepting short screenplays of all genres, including pilots and webisodes (limit 45 pages). Laurels will be awarded to 100 Finalists, 10 Winners and 1 Overall Winner. See below for prize information.
“Hidden screenplays never get produced”…. Enter your work today (carpe diem!).
* $500 Cash Prize for the Overal Winner
* InkTip Listing Packages for all Winners
* Jungle Software packages for all Winners
* Filmmatic Sundance Networking Event VIP-invites for all Finalists and Winners
* Press and Exposure on behalf of each season's Finalists and Winners.