Shore Scripts Short Film FundSubscribe
The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers you an opportunity to have your short film script financed and produced.
Our 18 Industry Award-Winning Judges including former Fund Winners will decide this year’s Grand Prize Winners.
The 2021 Fall Season of our Short Film Fund will award production financing for two short films:
· Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $15K.
· 2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
Our Judges include:
Nora Kirkpatrick, Writer, Director & Actress – THE GOLDBERGS, DAISY JONES & THE SIX, THE OFFICE
Jamie Brewer, Actress & Producer – AMERICAN HORROR STORY, THE TURNOVER.
Sam Baron, SFF Winner, Writer & Director – THE ORGY, STEAL HIS HEART, WINDSCREENWIPERMAN.
Kimberley Browning, Producer & Tribeca Festival Programmer – CERTIFIED, ALL HAIL BETH, LADY BOUNCER.
Ben Tricklebank, Emmy winning Director – LAND’S END, THE HUNGER GAMES: MOCKINGJAY – DISTRICT VOICES, CLOUDS OVER CUBA.
We accept short scripts, animations, web-series pilots, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV pilots and features. We also accept filmed projects seeking Finishing Funds.
Screenplays must be in English; however, the production can be filmed in any country.
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post-production and promotion.
Our previous 12 funded short films have played at some of the top film festivals in the world, including Tribeca, BFI London, Austin, Cannes, Encounters, Palm Springs, and many others. Our writers have gone onto gain representation, sold screenplays, and been staffed on TV shows as a direct result of entering.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS FILMS
Every writer who enters receives a FREE 18-page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
-Grand Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $15K.
-2nd Place Prize - A Production Cash Grant of $10K.
-The resulting short films will be sent to our Judges, Industry, and Directors Roster. That’s over 300 of the best people working in the industry who will see your work.
-Our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of production in any country in which they operate.
-PLUS, the Grand Prize Winner will receive a FREE Festival Pass to HollyShorts 2022.
-AND, our two Prize Winners will receive a FREE copy of the Final Draft 12 screenwriting app.
-Top 5 Finalists will also receive an exclusive feedback report from one of our Short Judges with suggestions on how you can further develop your screenplay and receive a FREE copy of Final Draft 12.-Top 15 Finalists - Your script will be sent to our Judges, Directors & specially chosen members of our Industry Roster AND you'll receive FREE access to our Ultimate Screenwriting Course led by former UCLA Head of Screenwriting, Richard Walter.
Fall 2021 Finalists on Coverfly
* Scripts must be within 2-30 pages
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be in English.
* The winning scripts can be produced in any country.
* We accept short scripts, animations, web-series pilots, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV pilots and features.
* In addition to unproduced scripts, we accept shorts that have already been filmed and are in need of additional Finishing Funds. Select the "In Production Film" format and, along with your script, enter the URL & password to a password-protected copy of the Short for which you are applying. The password will be used internally to assess your submission and will not be shared externally.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome.
* You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writer's original work, or they own the copyright.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* The filmmaking team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* You may enter a newer draft of an already submitted script. There will be a small fee involved. You may re-enter your script through our Resubmission page or via our industry partner’s platforms.
* Scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
* The winners consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* Shore Scripts will be able to promote the winning films in any way in which they see fit.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her own script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winners. We will also open to co-productions and understand additional funding may be needed from outside sources.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the ‘Production Companies’ credited on the project. David Beazley will also be credited as ‘Executive Producer.’
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a producer or production company working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* Shore Scripts are flexible as to the production dates of the winning projects. However, if said projects haven’t been filmed within 12 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted project. If the project has been filmed but not completed within 18 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to take over and complete the project internally.
Please contact us at contact @ shorescripts.com if you have any questions. Thanks
MORE INFO CAN BE SEEN HERE: https://www.shorescripts.com/shortfilmfund/