Shore Scripts Feature ContestSubscribe
DISCOVERING THE BEST NEW SCREENWRITING TALENT FROM AROUND THE WORLD
- $6.5K in Cash to giveaway in the 2023 Feature Screenplay Contest.
- Our prestigious panel of Oscar & BAFTA winning Judges will decide this year’s 3 Winners.
- We’ve helped 100+ Writers gain representation, sell, and have their screenplays produced.
In addition to the cash prizes, our Grand Prize Winner will win a call with ROBERTO BENTIVEGNA – the BAFTA-nominated screenwriter of HOUSE OF GUCCI where they can discuss their script and screenwriting career next steps.
And be offered Meetings with industry
execs from our Roster, which includes BLUMHOUSE,
ANONYMOUS CONTENT, GERSH, NUMBER 9 FILMS, VERVE & many more.
Plus, every writer who enters will receive a FREE 18 Page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
THE 2023 JUDGES PANEL includes.
- Mark Montgomery, Producer – HOTEL MUMBAI, THE MAN WHO KNEW INFINITY, DAMASCUS COVER.
- Kate Dickie, Actress & Producer – GAME OF THRONES, PROMETHEUS, SMALL AXE.
- Patrick Lussier, Writer, Editor & Director – SCREAM, HALLOWEEN H20, TERMINATOR GENISYS.
- Mitchell Altieri, Writer, Director & Producer – THE HAMILTONS, THE NIGHT WATCHMEN, RAISED BY WOLVES.
See the full list of our Judges here - http://www.shorescripts.com/judges/
Following each contest, we begin the process of sending scripts to our Industry Roster. You don’t need to be one of our winners to have your script sent out. We will always consult with you before we send out your work. Shore Scripts never claims any rights over a writer’s work.
Take a look at our previous winners and see how placing in Shore Scripts contests can kick-start your screenwriting career: https://www.shorescripts.com/success-stories/
ALL THE INFO: https://www.shorescripts.com/feature/
* Grand Prize Winner - $5,000 in cash and discuss their script and career next steps with ROBERTO BENTIVEGNA – the BAFTA-nominated screenwriter of HOUSE OF GUCCI.
* 2nd place winner - $1000.
* 3rd place winner $500.
* Each of our 3 Winners will be offered meetings with Hollywood Agents and Managers specially selected from our Industry Roster and receive writing career development from Shore Scripts' Writer Development Program.
* And receive a Free Screenwriting Book of their choice from
Michael Wiese Productions.
* Plus, our Grand Prize Winner will receive a Free 1-Year Pro Membership to Raindance.
* Top 20 Winners - Your script will be sent out to our Judges, Industry Roster & Directors.
2023 Winners on Coverfly
* Scripts should ideally be within 80-120 pages. There is a small additional fee for scripts over this length.
* Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* Screenwriters from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be written in English.
* The script must be the writer’s original work. Adaptations are accepted but the writer must own all copyright. At no point will Shore Scripts ever have any rights over your work.
* All ages are welcome.
* We accept animations.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* Resubmissions: You may enter a more recent draft of an already submitted script at any time before the final deadline. There is a small additional fee as the new draft will receive a guaranteed read in the first round. You may re-enter your script through the Resubmission page. Alternatively, you can Update your script at any time via Coverfly. However, if your script has already been read, your new draft will only be read, if the original submission proceeds to the next round.
* A writer can enter as many scripts in as many categories as they wish.
* If a script is optioned or purchased during the competition, then it will no longer be eligible for the contest.
* Scripts should be formatted at size 12 Courier.
* We prefer scripts to be submitted as a PDF file.
* We accept entries in any genre. If you are having difficulty deciding on which genre to choose please note that you can make a note of any sub-genres in the Comments field on the submission form.
* The winners consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and any other platform whenever we see fit.
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this contest each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges, and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online, cloud-based, and email services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or sending/transmitting your submission file(s).
* If we see fit, we can extend the final deadline for the competition. (Please note that this has never yet happened).