$5,000 in Cash
We’re funding your sizzle reel project with up to $5000 to help make it happen! You can use the money for insurance, talent, crew, equipment and more…
- Gorilla Scheduling & Budgeting Combo Pack
- 6 Month Membership to Indie Film Hustle
- 20 Scriptation Pro Licenses to be Used for Production
- Grand Prize Winning screenwriters of any previous Emerging Screenwriters SHOOT YOUR SIZZLE Competition season will not be eligible to submit to any further contest seasons.
- Screenwriters who have placed 3 times in the top 6 of SHOOT YOUR SIZZLE are ineligible to submit to any further contest season.
- Scripts must be the original work of the author(s) and may not be encumbered by any third party.
- Scripts that have been sold, produced for a profit, or are currently under option are not eligible.
- Screenplays adapted from your own self-published books, plays, or other source material are eligible if you have retained all rights to your work.
- Adaptations from other works are permissible provided you have the writer’s written permission to adapt the work.
- Adaptations of works in the public domain are permissible.Collaborative work is eligible; the writers are responsible for the distribution of the competition prize(s).
- Those that receive a free script analysis are not eligible to receive a free resubmission, which may come as an option with purchased script analyses.
- Emerging Screenwriters cannot guarantee your script analysis will be received within enough time to resubmit.
- The writer understands that a script analysis can take up to 90-days turn-around time and may not be received before the end of the contest.
- Prize packages cannot be exchanged or transferred to another party.Camera Equipment Package if arranged by Emerging Screenwriters / ISA is for short-term rental use only. You will not own the equipment.
- If you are the winner of the Grand Prize you accept responsibility for the camera and equipment.
- Emerging Screenwriters will not be liable for any damage to the equipment.
- Emerging Screenwriters will provide cash in the amount of $5000, which will be paid in phases over your production period with proof of progress and at the discretion of the consulting producers.
- Neither Emerging Screenwriters nor the equipment rental facility will be held liable to provide you more cash or equipment if you go over budget.
- All additional costs are at your own expense.If you decide not to produce the sizzle project, the cash, editing and color correction services will be forfeited.
- The Emerging Screenwriters consulting producers will only be there to make suggestions on the production process. It is up to the writer and its core production team to complete the project. The consulting producers will only be available in the United States, during business hours Pacific Time, and for a maximum of 2 pre-production days and 3 shooting days – for a total of 5 hours for each consultant.
- Production consulting services, cash payment and equipment prizes will be expired and forfeited 6 months after announcement date if proof of production progress is not shown within that time.
- Emerging Screenwriters and its staff assumes no responsibility or liability of the production set or project.
- No cash substitute for the camera package or any other prizes forfeited will be provided.
- Prizes, depending on the sponsor’s request, may be distributed in the rate of 1 package per person based on the highest placement and not per winning screenplay.
- Upon delivery of the edit by RealReels, a Maximum of 2 Rounds of Notes will be included in the initial prize, after such time the winner will be billed at the rate of $75/hour for any additional changes.
- CONNECT Membership prizes expire after 90 days and cannot be combined with a current free CONNECT membership.
- You may submit your entry and payment online only. We’re GREEN!Multiple entries are permissible with an additional discount entry fee.
- Once a script has been entered into the competition, we will only accept substitutions of new drafts or corrected pages if you contact us within 24 hours. After that, under no circumstances will we accept changes. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission and pay the appropriate entry fee.
- Writers under the age of 18 years old must have parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate.
- Competition applicants must accept without reservation the decisions rendered by the judges, which may not be disputed.Writer understands that it is his/her sole responsibility to register Material with the U.S. Copyright Office and/or with the Writer’s Guild of America or the appropriate agency in his/her country.
- Winner must give the produced sizzle or short credit, such as Special Thanks or Script Facilitation credit on IMDb and end credits on film.
- Payments will be accepted via Paypal where all major credit cards are accepted, or through registrations on the ISA website or FilmFreeway.
- Promotional discounts do not apply to ISA or FilmFreeway registrations unless otherwise stated.By entering this competition, and in the event you are declared a finalist, you understand and accept that Emerging Screenwriters and the ISA will be free to use your name, likeness, and completed sizzle project for advertising or promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- Contestants are under no obligation to participate therein.
- Contestants may submit their screenplay to any other person, competition, producer, agent, publisher, and/or organization and will retain all rights to their screenplay.
- No agreement for compensation, other than the prizes, has been implied.
- Include a standard title page, listing the title of your script, name of author(s), telephone number, and email address. This does NOT affect the judging process.
- Under no circumstances should you include your name or contact information within the body of your script.
- The competition and its administrators are not responsible for any errors or omissions on the writers submission.
- Please do not enclose synopses, casting suggestions, letters, resumes or photos with your submission. They will not be forwarded to the Judges.
- You understand that your logline and screenplay will be reviewed by our employees and/or our panel of Industry Judges for evaluation. You also understand that any one of these employees, or judges may have been or may be exploring ideas similar to yours, and you hereby waive any claim that Emerging Screenwriters, its employees or judges may have misappropriated any ideas or portions of your submission logline or screenplay.
- The writer understands and accepts without reservation that he/she is an independent contractor and that CompetitionAdministrators are not responsible for withholding any taxes or payments to any government agency, at any level, be it state, local or federal.
- To enter the Emerging Screenwriters Shoot Your Sizzle you must agree to the Rules.