Scriptation Showcase - Teleplay CategorySubscribe
2023 Quarterfinalists on Coverfly
RULES & ELIGIBILITY
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only, between July 27, 2022 and July 23, 2023.
- Entry fee for each teleplay script is $39 until the early deadline on January 8, 2023, $49 until the regular deadline on February 5, 2023, and $59 until the final deadline on March 12, 2023.
- Entry fee for each screenplay and short script is $44 until the early deadline on April 16, 2023, $54 until the regular deadline on May 14, 2023, $64 until the late deadline on June 25, 2023, and $74 until the final deadline on July 23, 2023. Short scripts receive a $5 discount.
- Optional feedback from a professional reader may be requested at the time of entry. Requests for feedback after an entry is submitted will not be accepted.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadline dates by 11:59PM Pacific Time, and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the person who submits the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material will be not be allowed. Please proofread your script carefully before submitting.
- It is recommended that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting to any competition, however we do not require registration.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible. However, a writer who has earned more than $50,000 (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for film or TV in the preceding year is not. (Contest winnings not included.)
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English (occasional dialogue in other languages is acceptable, if subtitle translation is provided).
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this contest.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay and intellectual property must be wholly owned and submitted by the writer(s).
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
- The recommended length for teleplays are 30 – 70 pages. The recommended length for shorts are under 30 pages. The recommended length for feature film scripts is 80 -120 pages. Scripts over pages limits are fine and will be accepted, however please note that there is a small page overage charge of $1 per every page over the limit to compensate the judges for the extra time invested in reading longer scripts.
- Scripts longer than 150 pages will not be eligible.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.
The winners will be chosen based on the following criteria: (i) premise; (ii) execution; (iii) style/tone; (iv) characters; (v) dialogue; (vi) formatting; (vii) structure; (viii) pacing; (ix) payoff; (x) marketability. The finalists may be contacted by interested industry representatives, such as managers, agents or producers. Entrants may be required to submit further information to assist in the judges’ verification of eligibility. Any entrant may be deemed ineligible at the sole discretion of Scriptation. Finalists may be required to sign and return within seven (7) business days of receipt a notarized Affidavit of Eligibility and a Release and Indemnification and proof of valid identification and any other documents that Scriptation or any other partner may require before receiving prize payment. Failure to respond to the initial notification within ten (10) days or return of notification will result in disqualification. We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.