Filmmatic coined a slogan, "Hidden screenplays never get produced".
We spend a lot of our precious time crafting unique scripts, yet we hardly ever employ an equal level of passion when attempting to get our work into the "right hands".
The exposure and prestige one can gain from placing or winning a screenplay competition is invaluable, but what do you say this time around we also get you PITCHING!
Let's get proactive, lets pick a production company that makes sense for our project, tell them we were a Pitch Now Finalist or Winner, and get them to review our work, now not later ;)
ALL 100 FINALISTS CAN PITCH THEIR PROJECT TO THE PRODUCTION COMPANY/AGENCY OF THEIR CHOICE!
Competition is open to feature-length and short works, screenplays and teleplays. All Finalists and Winners will be announced by 12/15/19.
* $1000 cash to the Overall Winner.
* All 100 Finalists receive a pitch opportunity to the studio of their choice via Virtual Pitchfest.
* 10 Categorical Winners win extended Pitch Packages.
* InkTip Listings for all Categorical Winners - lets make your project available to Producers!
* Lit Agency Review for all Categorical Winners.
* VIP Invites for ALL ENTRANTS to Filmmatic's annaul Sundance Networking Event! (entry subject to capacity)
* Laurels will be awarded to 100 Finalists/Winners, + one Overall Winner
Let's Get You PITCHING!
1) Judges, as well as employees of Virtual Pitchfest, InkTIp, Filmmatic.com and other sponsors are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry form, "written by" credits are optional on the script/pilot file itself. By submitting online to the Pitch Now Screenplay Competition, entrant warants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Pitch Now Screenplay Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to submissions from any particular platform.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Pitch Now Screenplay Competition will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Pitch Now Screenplay Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infringement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions by mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Pitch Now Screenplay Competition reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Pitch Now Screenplay Competition or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.
18) Virtual pitch-package and live-pitch access is limited to those production companies and agencies associated with Virtual Pitchfest and Story Expo (hundreds to choose from). Access to any particular production house/professional is not guaranteed.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRANTS, AND KEEP ON WRITING!