Currently Closed. Subscribe to receive a notification when the next season opens.
COMPETITION IS OPEN TO ALL SCREENPLAYS AND PILOTS:
Fly to Los Angeles, attend industry events, and have one-on-one meetings with Hollywood producers, managers, and entertainment attorneys.
Laurels will be awarded to: 100 FINALISTS + 10 HONOREES + 1 FELLOW
...The INROADS SCREENWRITING FELLOWSHIP competition was created to locate, expose and nurture up-and-coming screenwriters who have yet to receive their invitation to the mainstream industry. The competition is proudly sponsored by InkTip and Filmmatic.com.
It's not what you know, it's who you know, and we want you to meet the right people, right away.
* Paid Travel to LOS ANGELES ($1,000 Cash)
* Attend Scheduled Film/Screenwriting Event (TBD)
* Meet with Hollywood DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVES and MENTORS
* Press and Exposure for all Finalists and Honorees (to our list of 24k industry professionals + outside media + our growing list of reviewing managers and producers)
*Laurels will be awarded to: 100 FINALISTS, 10 HONOREES , 1 FELLOW each season
* All entrants will receive an invitation to Filmmatic's annual Sundance networking event.
1) Judges and employees of Filmmatic.com or InkTip are not eligible to enter the competition, nor are their affiliates or immediate family members.
2) All scripts must be submitted in English, and entry fees must be paid in U.S. dollars. Entry in the competition is void where prohibited by law.
3) All writers' names should be listed in the online entry. By submitting online to the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition, entrant warants that all writers have authorized the submission. If a screenplay is written by multiple authors, all cash and awards will be remitted to the entrant of record, with all proceeds to be divided at the writers' discretion.
4) To enter your script electronically, you must submit in one of the following formats: .PDF (preferred), Final Draft, Movie Magic Screenwriter, Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format, or Text.
5) Entries will not be returned. Be sure to retain a copy of all material submitted.
6) Entrants of the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition retain all rights to their screenplays.
7) You may submit your entry and payment either online through this website (see homepage) or through FilmFreeway. No preference will be given to either any of submission.
8) Entries must be received by the applicable Entry Deadline.
9) Once a script has been entered into competition, we will not accept substitutions or revised drafts. If you wish to submit a revised draft of your script, you must enter it as a new submission.
10) The Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship will not share your screenplay with anyone except the official judges of the competition without prior permission.
11) By entering the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship Competition, you represent that your entry is your original work, and does not infringe on the copyright or other rights of other people or legal entities. Entrant indemnifies Filmmatic.com and its employees and subsidiaries and holds them harmless from any claims regarding infirngement or dissemination of materials.
12) Entry fees are non-refundable.
13) For environmental reasons, we no longer accept hardcopy submissions by mail.
14) Entrants can include author and/or contact information on their entry's cover page at their own discretion, but it is not required.
15) The decisions of the judges are final.
16) The Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship reserves the right to make any necessary changes, postponements, or cancellations to competition scheduling at our discretion. Competition staff reserves the right to substitute any advertised prize for another prize of similar value.
17) Notification of winners and official finalists will be sent by email and posted on our website. It is the responsibility of the winners to redeem any prizes allotted to them by the Inroads Screenwriting Fellowship or our sponsors. Applicants will be repsonsible for providing current contact information and mailing addresses for prize redemption purposes.