In Dreams FellowshipSubscribe
Inspiring a movement, IN DREAMS paves the road to Hollywood for Australia’s unrepresented voices by connecting Australian screenwriters directly to industry decision-makers.
In its second year, In Dreams has assembled another exclusive judging panel of established Hollywood visionaries. Two unrepresented Australian screen storytellers will be selected to participate in a Fellowship program that facilitates virtual introductions and meetings with Hollywood industry professionals.
In the lead up to these meetings, the two Fellows will have the sponsored opportunity to partake in Jen Grisanti’s Storywise 6-Week Teleseminar — Jen Grisanti is an Acclaimed Story/Career Consultant, a former 12-year studio executive and the Writing Instructor for NBC’s Writers on the Verge program. Jen is the author of Story Line: Finding Gold In Your Life Story, TV Writing Tool Kit: How To Write a Life. Jen’s students have sold 60 pilots (6 have gone series) and she has helped to staff over 105 writers on TV shows.
Fellowship outcomes for the screenwriter far outweigh any regular script competition; In Dreams’ Fellows have a genuine opportunity to forge meaningful relationships with Hollywood industry tastemakers while advancing their craft along the way.
TWO WINNERS receive:
✩ Virtual introductions and meetings with a range of key Hollywood executives, producers, literary managers and agents
✩ Sponsored enrolment in Jen Grisanti’s Storywise 6-Week Teleseminar
✩ 1-on-1 consultation and creative guidance from the In Dreams founders
Fellows will emerge from the program not only with a dynamic and personalized Hollywood industry network, but a deepened craft and overall career focus. Fellows will have learned to shape their material, hone their pitches, and elevate their creative bios for global success.
THREE FINALISTS are assessed by a panel of prestigious Hollywood judges, including representatives from:
✩ SK GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT
✩ Greg Silverman’s STAMPEDE
✩ VERVE TALENT AND LITERARY AGENCY
✩ GOOD FEAR CONTENT
They will each receive Final Draft 12 Professional Screenwriting Software.
FIVE SEMI-FINALISTS receive 1-on-1 submission feedback from In Dreams founders.
All submissions are thoroughly reviewed & analyzed by a team of experienced industry readers.
2021 Finalists on Coverfly
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
The goals and purpose of the In Dreams Fellowship is to connect unrepresented Australian screenwriters to Hollywood industry professionals.
The Terms and Conditions of the In Dreams Fellowship, which any and all applicants (and potential applicants) hereby agree to be bound to, are as follows:
In order to apply for the In Dreams Fellowship, the applicant must:
1. be an Australian citizen or permanent resident;
2. be 18 years or older; and
3. not have current or impending Australian or international literary representation for screenwriting.
1. In order to submit an application to the In Dreams Fellowship, the application that is submitted must include a feature script or a television pilot that must be original or adapted from a pre-existing work (provided the applicant has the right to adapt that pre-existing work). A submission can be based on pre-existing work if that pre-existing work is in the public domain.
2. The applicant’s submission must be submitted directly by the applicant and not by a third party on behalf of the applicant.
3. Up to two writers can jointly submit an application.
4. The copyright in the material submitted must be owned by the applicant and must not be the subject of an option agreement. If the copyright in the material submitted ceases to be owned by the applicant after the submission is made but before the successful applicant of the fellowship, the application will be terminated.
5. Entries must not include resumes, biographies, synopsis, vision statements, photos or any other supporting materials.
6. Material will be accepted even if it had been previously submitted to an alternative competition.
7. There is no limit on the number of submissions each applicant is entitled to make subject to a separate entry fee being paid for each submission.
8. Copyright ownership of submissions remains with the applicants.
Submission Requirements for Semi-Finalists
Submission requirements for applicants selected as Semi-finalists are as follows:
1. 3 – 5 minute video must be submitted describing applicant’s screenwriting ambitions, which may include their vision for the application and how the fellowship would assist their career development; and
2. other reasonable information which the judges may require.
Format of Submissions
The format for the applicant’s submission must be as follows:
1. submissions must be in English and not translated from an alternative language;
2. submission must accord with industry standards i.e. 12 point courier font;
3. screenplays must have a clean cover page i.e. title of the screenplay only excluding name of writer, contact details of writer or any other information;
4. submissions must be made in pdf format via the coverfly.com website;
5. feature film scripts must be a maximum of 130 pages in length; and
6. television pilot script must be a maximum for 65 pages for a one hour pilot and a maximum of 33 pages for a half hour pilot.
1. The finalists' submission will be judged by personnel at the following companies: SK Global Entertainment, Greg Silverman’s Stampede, Verve Talent and Literary Agency, and Good Fear Content.
2. The names of the individual judges will only be revealed to the applicants or the public at the sole discretion of the In Dreams Fellowship. The names of the individual judges will remain confidential information at all other times.
3. The choice of the companies that the individual judges are chosen from shall be at the sole discretion of the In Dreams Fellowship.
1. The entry fees payable by applicants in order to submit an application for the In Dreams Fellowship are as follows: Early Bird: USD $35 by Friday 24 September 2021 (PT), Standard: USD $50 - by Friday 15 October 2021 (PT), and Extended: USD $65 - by Friday 5 November 2021 (PT).
2. The entry fee must be paid by the applicant via the coverfly.com website.
3. The entry fee must be paid in full at the time of the submission of the application.
4. The entry fee will not be refunded to the applicant under any circumstances.
Announcement of Semi-finalists and Finalists
1. Five (5) Semi-finalists will be announced on 17 December 2021 (PST).
2. Three (3) Finalists will be announced on 14 January 2022 (PST).
3. The announcement of the Semi-finalists will be made directly to the five (5) applicants.
4. The announcement of the Finalists will be made directly to the three (3) applicants and will also be made public via the In Dreams Fellowship media release.
5. Unsuccessful applicants will be notified via Coverfly.
Announcement of Fellows
1. The winning two (2) applicants for the In Dreams Fellowship (chosen from the Finalists) will be announced on 11 February 2022 (PST) directly to the two (2) successful applicants and also via an In Dreams Fellowship media release.
2. The winning successful applicants’ names, likeness, biography can be announced in any media throughout the world and used to help promote the goals of the In Dreams Fellowship.
3. No appearance fees or publicity fees will be owed to the winning successful applicants for such appearances and publicity.
4. At no stage can the winning successful applicants defame or derogate (a) the organisers of the In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with the In Dreams Fellowship); (b) the companies from which the judges are chosen; or (c) the individual judges.
5. The winning successful applicants must attain pre-approval in writing from the organisers of the In Dreams Fellowship before appearing in, or communicating with, any media (including social media) in relation to In Dreams Fellowship, such approval not to be unreasonably withheld or delayed.
1. All applicants must treat any information in relation to In Dreams Fellowship that is not in the public domain as confidential information and must not disclose that confidential information to any third parties unless (a) the applicant has attained pre-approval in writing from the organisers of In Dreams Fellowship; (b) the applicant is required by law to disclose the confidential information; or (c) the confidential information enters the public domain independently of the applicant disclosing the confidential information.
2. All applicants acknowledge that (a) In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with In Dreams Fellowship); (b) the companies from which the judges are chosen; and/or (c) the individual judges have (or are aware of) many film and television projects that are at various stages of development and that the applicants’ submissions may be similar to such film and television projects. The applicant waives any legal or equitable right it may have against (a) In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with In Dreams Fellowship; (b) the companies from which the judges are chosen; and/or (c) the individual judges, including the right to bring legal action for breach of copyright or breach of confidential information.
3. No correspondence regarding the reasons why an applicant was unsuccessful will at any time be entered into with (a) In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with In Dreams Fellowship); (b) the companies from which the judges are chosen and/or (c) the individual judges.
In Dreams Fellowship prize
The winning successful two (2) applicants for In Dreams Fellowship will be entitled to the following prizes:
1. Jen Grisanti Consultancy – Storywise 6-Week Teleseminar – virtual/online – 6 weeks – 1 session per week commencing in February 2022. Exact dates TBC. The rules and regulations of the Storywise 6-Week Teleseminar must be adhered to; and
2. Virtual Introduction opportunities (up to 10) with development executives, producers, agents and managers in the LA, NYC, the UK and elsewhere – after the Storywise 6-Week Teleseminar is completed – from between April 2022 to December 2022.
Amendments to Terms and Conditions
These Terms and Conditions are subject to reasonable amendments from In Dreams Fellowship including dates and deadlines in relation to the Terms and Conditions. Any such reasonable amendments will be notified to the applicants and potential applicants as soon as reasonably practicable.
Exclusion of Liability
The (a) In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with the In Dreams Fellowship); (b) the companies from which the judges are chosen; and (c) the individual judges shall not be liable for any economic loss, reputational harm or damages that may be incurred by any applicant or potential applicant to the In Dreams Fellowship, unless the In Dreams Fellowship has breached a statutory warranty that it cannot legally exclude itself from.
Reservation of Rights
In Dreams Fellowship (including any personnel associated with In Dreams Fellowship), the companies from which the judges are chosen and the individual judges reserve all rights that are legally permissible.