|Regular||July 21st, 2019||$30|
|Late||August 31st, 2019||$40|
|Final||September 22nd, 2019||$55|
|Regular||July 21st, 2019||$90|
|Late||August 31st, 2019||$100|
|Final||September 22nd, 2019||$115|
Horror screenwriters will have the chance to win mentorship meetings with our lineup of industry pros. This mentorship will occur around October of 2019 either in person or via Skype or other forms of video conference. The purpose of the horror screenwriting contest is to impart knowledge on our grand prize winner through the advice and expertise of professionals in horror genre of the film & television industry. Entrants can reside in any country in the world.
Horror Screenwriting Mentors
- Rodolfo Sayagues screenwriter Evil Dead and Don’t Breathe
- Ian Cooper executive of Monkeypaw Production producer Us
- Kamil Oshundara creative associate Monkeypaw Productions
Mentors are subject to change
- Screenwriters can submit shorts, features, tv episodes or true crime/horror documentaries related to the genre.
- Horror genre/sub-genres only.
- There are no limitations on the number of pages.
- Our judges will be looking at all aspects of the story to include pacing, structure, organization, dialogue, characters, premise, plot and ability to tell an interesting story.
- Do NOT reach out to any of our mentors. Our mentors speak with us directly and if it is found that you have submitted your screenplay and attempted to reach out will be grounds for automatic disqualification, no matter how far you have advanced in the contest.
- Applicants can submit as many screenplays to multiple packages with respective entry fees.
- Coverage of the winning screenplay will be distributed to the mentors. Coverage will NOT be done for every screenplay submitted. Coverage will not be sent to screenwriters unless done through one of our submission platform partners.
- Only the submitting screenwriter can claim the mentorship meetings.
- All payments are final.
- There are two options to meet mentors -- Option 1: *Meet in-person, Option 2: Video teleconference meetings
- *Travel is not included.
- *If winner selects in-person option, they must cover their own travel, lodging, transportation and other expenses not mentioned. It’s likely that all mentors will not be able to meet in person. The Film Empire is not responsible for ensuring winners have their passports and travel accommodations.
- Screenplay must be submitted in English and in the standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin. Must be submitted as a PDF file. Screenplays not submitted as PDFs are automatically disqualified.
- The winning screenplay must not be optioned by any studio, production company or investor. The winning screenplay must not be owned by parties other than the filmmaker submitting.
- Although not required, we highly recommend you register your screenplay with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting.
- In the instance there are multiple winners, then the mentors will be split amongst the winners and arranged upon The Film Empire’s discretion.
- Screenplays submitted to other contests are eligible.
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a category