The purpose of The Film Empire is to establish a screenwriting and filmmaking platform for filmmakers to submit their respective works for judging and the possibility of receiving mentorships from Hollywood professionals within the industry.
TV pilot & episodic writers will have the chance to win mentorship meetings with our lineup of industry pros. This mentorship will occur around August of 2019 either in person or via Skype or other forms of video conference. The purpose of the TV pilot & episodic writers contest is to impart knowledge on our grand prize winner through the advice and expertise of professionals in television industry. Entrants can reside in any country in the world.
- Yolanda Lawrence, writer/co-executive producer, Empire, Riverdale
- Hanelle Culpepper, director, Castle, Gotham, Supergirl
- Rodney Barnes, writer/executive producer, Marvel’s Runaways, American Gods
*Mentors are subject to change
- Screenwriters must submit original work of a short or tv episode.
- There are no restrictions with the time limit per film for this category.
- All genres welcome!
- Screenwriters must submit original script of a tv pilot or episode.
- Please no more than 65 pages.
- Our judges will be looking at all aspects of the story to include pacing, structure, organization, dialogue, characters, premise, plot and ability to tell an interesting story.
- Do NOT reach out to any of our mentors. Our mentors speak with us directly and if it is found that you have submitted your screenplay and attempted to reach out will be grounds for automatic disqualification, no matter how far you have advanced in the contest.
- Applicants can submit as many screenplays to multiple packages with respective entry fees.
- All payments are final.