Stage 32 Feature Screenwriting Fellowship CompetitionSubscribe
Grand Prize Winners mentored for six months by top tier industry professionals!
ALL finalists will participate in round table discussions with mentors and their loglines will go into a Stage 32 Look Book sent to over 500 entertainment industry executives!
Open to Feature Films!
Stage 32 is proud to present the 2nd Annual Feature Screenwriting Fellowship, an incredible opportunity to be mentored by top tier industry professionals and participate in round table discussions with a variety of producers, managers, and writers. Our mentors are looking for the next wave of screenwriting talent -- and we want them to discover YOU!
For the last 12 years, Stage 32 Contests have led to dozens of success stories including writers getting representation, sold, optioned, staffed, given writing assignments and getting produced. No other contest opens more doors and we want to do the same for you.
If you're a screenwriter with a story to be told, now is the time to show us what you've got, because our goal is to amplify your voice, give you the access Stage 32 is known for, and take your writing career to the next level!
About the Stage 32 Feature Screenwriting Fellowship Competition
At Stage 32, we’re always working to help our writers grow, learn, and find success. That’s why we created the Stage 32 Feature Screenwriting Fellowship Competition. We’re giving our panel of five Fellowship Mentors the option to choose mentees from our group of 10 finalists. And if you’re chosen as a mentee, you won’t just have one meeting with your mentor; you’ll meet with them consistently for six months, building a relationship with them, getting career advice, and of course, improving your script and other materials.
That’s not all we’re offering either. The winners of this contest will also have their complete portfolios sent to an exclusive roster of agents and managers hand picked by Stage 32 who are actively looking for new clients and material. We’ll also be organizing group panel events for ALL finalists each month throughout the six month fellowship period with experienced industry professionals. A different, exciting executive will join the panel discussion each month to answer your questions and share advice.
We are looking for feature scripts of all subjects and tones. Whether your story is a comedy, drama, or anything in between, our industry professionals want to read it! This contest is open to Feature scripts only.
How Do I Apply?
In order for your application to be considered, you must submit all of the following:
1) Your Feature script of any genre through Stage 32
2) A biography detailing your professional experience, previous work, any accolades you have received, and any other information you believe will be valuable for the Fellowship Mentors to know about you. Please limit your biography to one page.
3) A cover letter explaining why you are ready for this career changing opportunity. Please limit your cover letter to one page.
Please note: In order for your application to be considered you must submit all required documents and pay the submission fee. Only one script per entry fee will be allowed.
Entrants can submit multiple scripts for consideration but each submission must be under separate entries with separate submission fees paid.
Only one biography and cover letter is required per entrant.
The biography and cover letter can be submitted at any point prior to the Final Deadline.Script Coverage & Resubmission Options
Would you like immediate feedback on your submission and the option to make changes and resubmit? Using our NEW Feedback & Resubmission Option you will get 3-5 pages of coverage/notes back in 5-days with a guaranteed option to resubmit one (1) revised draft of your script up to 10 days after the Final Deadline! See what elements of your script are working and what still needs to be developed. You can position yourself for the best chance of success - all for an additional fee of only $99. Please submit revised drafts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This option is good for a one-time use and is non-refundable/non-transferable if you do not enter an updated draft. See full terms in the Rules Section. The last day to submit new drafts with this option is December 2nd, 2023.
Stage 32 Contest Winners Have Gone on to Work With:
Our Grand Prize winners, each selected by one of our Fellowship Mentors, will:
- *Be mentored by an industry professional through one-on-one virtual meetings for 6 months
-Jake Wagner, Manager, Alibi Management
-Adam Novak, Head of the Story Dept, WME
-Val McLeroy, Literary Manager, Epigram Entertainment
-Henry Hereford, Producer/Actor
-Olivia Hurd, Development Coordinator, Amasia Entertainment
- *Have your portfolio sent to an exclusive roster of over 30 agents and managers who have a First Look deal with Stage 32 and are actively looking for new clients and material after the strike is over.
- *Participate in exclusive round table discussions each month for 6 months with a different top industry professional
- -David Chien, Literary & Talent Manager, Art/Work Entertainment
- -Audrey Knox, Literary Manager, The Cartel Management
- -Steve Desmond, Screenwriter, A KNOCK THE CABIN
- -Matt Sacca, Head of Development, American High
- -Jaylen Moore, Producer/Writer/Actor, Rumble Riot Pictures
- -Jordan Barel, Writer/Producer/Publisher/Entertainment Attorney
- *Receive a free membership to the Stage 32 Writers’ Room, a private, virtual community of writers from around the world the meet and learn from industry professionals like Meg LeFauve (INSIDE OUT, CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Aimee Riviera, VP of Motion Picture Production at Skydance Media (TOP GUN: MAVERICK), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and managers & agents from WME, CAA, Gersh, Circle of Confusion, Zero Gravity & more!
- *Free access to Stage 32’s educational webinar library, which includes over 3,000 hours of content featuring top industry professionals
- *Continued support from the Stage 32 team to help move your career forward and get you in front of decision makers!
If you reach the Finals, you still get massive exposure to decision makers and get to join exclusive round table discussions with our Round Table Mentors!
ALL FINALISTS will participate in exclusive virtual round table discussions each month for 6 months with a different top industry professional, receive a FREE MONTH OF THE MEMBER'S ONLY STAGE 32 WRITERS' ROOM, an exclusive community of writers who gather online for inspiring and educational webcasts from top industry pros, and will be in a Stage 32 Lookbook which includes their script title, logline & bio mailed to over 500 industry executives including, managers, agents, producers, development executives, and financiers! Stage 32 Lookbooks are some of the most sought after talent resources for the industry and have helped secure meetings with places like Verve, Good Fear, 3 Arts, APA, Echo Lake, Amazon, UTA, CAA, WME, First Friday, Pathfinder, The Cartel, Art/Work and many, many more.
Stage 32 will be a champion for your script - once you’re part of our community, we make sure you rise to the top!
Our Screenwriting Contest Winners See Results
Stage 32 has launched the careers of hundreds of writers over the last 12 years. Stage 32 has quickly emerged as the leading source for industry executives to uncover new talent! Is this your year to move the needle on your career?
- *Last year's Winners, Marta Reeder, CJ Hatch, and David Loong, developed their materials, strategized their next career moves, and built strong professional relationships with their top-tier industry mentors!
"My feature fellowship with Stage 32 was an invaluable experience. I was lucky enough to have three mentors from different positions in the industry. Not only did my mentors assist with making my screenplay the best version possible, but it came from a producer, agent, and financial perspective. It's been incredible to have people who care about my screenplay and my future as a writer. I now have three connections I consider friends within the industry who will give me advice throughout my career. If my fellowship hadn't ended during a writer's strike, I know that with help from my mentors, I'd have my foot in many doors, and I can't wait until I can hit the ground running with all that I've learned."
-Marta Reeder, Feature Fellowship Winner
- *Winner Jonathan Jordan was signed by major literary agency Verve, and worked on a script currently in production through them. He has also signed with a manager and is currently working on a new film.
- *Winner Christina Pamies was signed by Billion Dollar Literary Manager Jake Wagner. After that, he got her a paid gig with StudioCanal adapting the highly anticipated BAGHEAD. Check out the Variety article the film is featured in.
- *Winner Greg Mania was signed by Cohn/Torgan Management, and has since published a memoir called Born To Be Public, which was named NPR’s Best Book of 2020.
- *Winner Diana Wright signed with Audrey Knox at The Cartel, a prominent management company, and with Culture Creative Entertainment.
- *Winner Julie Ann Cross won a mentorship with Amy Baer of Gidden Media, and a $7,500 option agreement.
Click the "Success Stories" link here for more testimonials from our past winners!Important Dates to Be Aware Of
Super Early Bird Deadline: September 14th, 2023
Early Bird Deadline: October 11th, 2023
Regular Deadline: November 1st, 2023
Final Deadline: November 22nd, 2023
Quarterfinalist Announcement: February 2nd, 2024
Semifinalist Announcement: February 16th, 2024
Finalist Announcement: March 1st, 2024
Winner Announcement: March 15th, 2024
2022/2023 Winners on Coverfly
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
ENTRANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
This Stage 32 Contest is an international contest. Must be 18 years or older to submit.
Entrant agrees to Stage32.com terms and conditions.
This Stage 32 Contest is not a game of chance. All material is read and reviewed by industry professionals.
All quarterfinalists, semi-finalists, finalists and winners are subjectively determined by our judges.
There is no limit to the number of screenplays an Entrant can enter. The same screenplay cannot be submitted multiple times under different names. If so, you will be disqualified.
Entrant must not be an immediate family member or friend of any of the judges or their respective companies.
Entrant acknowledges that because of the judges' and mentors' position in the entertainment industry they receive numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions and the like and that many such submissions heretofore or hereafter received by them are similar to or identical to those developed by them or their employees or, if an agent, are otherwise available to them.
Entrant acknowledges that they will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by judges or mentors of any such similar material.
Entrant acknowledges that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between Entrant and judges or mentors, and Entrant further acknowledges that no such relationships are established between Entrant and judges or mentors by reason of this contest entry.
Entrants must submit screenplays and payment online.
Entrants must upload their submission within 72 hours of entry purchase.
Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
No waivers are available for this contest.
SCREENPLAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Screenplays should be written in English and in standard industry format.
The rights to the Entrant’s screenplay should not have been previously optioned or sold.
The Entrant retains the rights to his or her screenplay at all times.
Entrant’s screenplay must not have been produced.
The screenplay can be submitted with or without a title page and/or contact information.
After a screenplay is entered, no new drafts or corrected pages can be made by the Entrant unless it is confirmed in our records that the Entrant has paid for the "Resubmission" option.
Screenplay must be submitted as a PDF document.
Screenplay must be the original work of the Entrant and may not be based whole or in part on any fictional or non-fictional material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced for which the Entrant does not have rights. Neither Stage 32 nor its judges investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
Using our new Feedback & Resubmission Option you will get 3-5 pages of coverage/notes back in 5-days with a guaranteed option to resubmit one (1) revised draft of your script up to 10 days after the Final Deadline! See what elements of your script are working and what still needs to be developed. You can position yourself for the best chance of success - all for an additional fee of only $99.
This option is good for a one-time use and is non-refundable/non-transferable if you do not enter an updated draft. Updated drafts will need to be sent to email@example.com to be scored.