Stage 32 Female Driven Screenwriting ContestSubscribe
Stage 32 is proud to present the 2nd Annual Female Driven Screenwriting Contest!
You’ll meet industry professionals from companies including HBO Max, Gidden Media, Bellevue Productions and more!
Female Driven content has never been more exciting, diverse and commercial than it is today. Managers, producers and development executives are on the hunt for the next TAR, SMILE, FLEABAG or BRIDESMAIDS. The biggest shows and films in the world right now are Female Driven - we know you’ve heard of WEDNESDAY and EMILY IN PARIS! We’re here to give your Female Driven project that kind of success.
Last year, we set up our winner with 9 one-on-one meetings with industry pros currently working on female driven content - and she is still working with a manager from that group! Our 10 finalists get amazing exposure too; last year’s finalists had their work requested by top production and management companies including Cold Iron Pictures and The Cartel!
If you have a female driven story that needs to be told, now is the time to show us what you've got, because our goal is to amplify your voice, give you the access Stage 32 is known for, and take your writing career to the next level!
Our Female Driven Screenwriting Winners See Results
Stage 32 has launched the careers of hundreds of writers over the last 11 years. Stage 32 has quickly emerged as the leading source for industry executives to uncover new talent! Is this your year to move the needle on your career?
- - Last year’s winner, Jennifer Goldson is currently working on her winning script with a manager whose company credits include YELLOWJACKETS, BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER and THE DEUCE
- - Last year’s finalists have had their work requested by managers and producers at Cold Iron Pictures, Nightshade Entertainment, Writ Large and more!
- Want to see some of our hundreds of success stories, click here!
Do you have what it takes to join the elite group of Stage 32 contest winners? We want to see your script!
Judge’s Credits and Company Credits Include:
Our Grand Prize winner will:
- - Be flown to LA for meetings (travel permitting) to meet with 11 top professionals currently working in the industry at companies like HBO Max, Citizen Skull Management and more with credits including BOOKSMART, SINGLE DRUNK FEMALE, THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT!
- - Work with Stage 32 to develop your winning script’s pitch deck for the market
- - Have your professional biography sent to an exclusive roster of over 30 agents and managers who have a First Look deal with Stage 32 and are actively looking for new clients and material
- - Receive a free membership to the Stage 32 Writers’ Room, a private, virtual community of writers from around the world the meet and learn from industry professionals like Meg LeFauve (INSIDE OUT, CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Aimee Riviera, VP of Motion Picture Production at Skydance Media (TOP GUN: MAVERICK), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and managers & agents from WME, CAA, Gersh, Circle of Confusion, Zero Gravity & more!
- - Free access to Stage 32’s educational webinar library, which includes over 2,000 hours of content featuring top industry professionals
- - Continued support from the Stage 32 team to help move your career forward and get you in front of decision makers!
ALL 10 Finalists will:
- - Have your loglines presented to over 500 industry executives including literary managers, agents and producers in a Stage 32 lookbook. Past lookbook writers have been set up on meetings with and even signed with companies like 3 Arts Entertainment, UTA, APA, Art/Work Entertainment, Zero Gravity and more!
- - Get a free one month membership to the Stage 32 Writers’ Room, Meg LeFauve (INSIDE OUT, CAPTAIN MARVEL) and Aimee Riviera, VP of Motion Picture Production at Skydance Media (TOP GUN: MAVERICK), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and managers & agents from WME, CAA, Gersh, Circle of Confusion, Zero Gravity & more!
Stage 32 will be a champion for your script - once you’re part of our community, we make sure you rise to the top!
About the Exposure For Your Script
The Grand Prize Winner Will be Flown to Los Angeles to meet with:
- - Manager of Drama Development, HBO Max (PRETTY LITTLE LIARS: ORIGINAL SIN)
- - Michelle Knudsen, Manager & Producer, MXN Entertainment (Client credits include BOOKSMART, DON'T WORRY DARLING, DEAD TO ME)
- - Amy Baer, President, Gidden Media (MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING, SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE)
- - Colleen Labella, Director of Development, Shoot to Midnight (SINGLE DRUNK FEMALE, RUSSIAN DOLL)
- - Kate Sharp, Manager, Bellevue Productions (Client credits include THE GOOD PLACE, SILICON VALLEY)
- - Tammy Hunt, Manager, Citizen Skull Management (Client credits include THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT, HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER)
- - Allison Vanore, Emmy Award Winning Producer, Tomorrowland Productions (AFTER FOREVER, DARK/WEB)
- - Robin Galloway, Manager & Producer, Gramercy Park Entertainment (Client credits include BRAND NEW CHERRY FLAVOR, THE 100)
- - Catherine Delaloye, Founder/Executive Director, Female Voices Rock (WHERE TO NOW?, THE WITCHES OF BUSHWICK)
- - Tessie Goodrich, VP of Development, Golden Alchemy (BRIGHTBURN)
- - Nina Georgieff, Independent Producer (SMALL SELKIE)
In addition to these meetings, the winner will also receive access to Stage 32’s Educational resources, be promoted on Stage 32’s social media, and have their professional biography sent to an exclusive roster of over 30 agents and managers hand picked by Stage 32 who are actively looking for new clients and material. Stage 32 will facilitate introductory meetings to any of the representatives who respond to your material and bio. This is the type of exposure that will change your career forever!
If you reach the Finals, you still get massive exposure to decision makers!
ALL FINALISTS will receive a FREE MONTH OF THE MEMBER'S ONLY STAGE 32 WRITERS' ROOM, an exclusive community of writers who gather online for inspiring and educational webcasts from top industry pros, and will be in a Stage 32 Lookbook which includes their script title, logline & bio mailed to over 400 industry executives including, managers, agents, producers, development executives, and financiers! Stage 32 Lookbooks are some of the most sought after talent resources for the industry and have helped secure meetings with places like Verve, Good Fear, 3 Arts, APA, Echo Lake, Amazon, UTA, CAA, WME, First Friday, Pathfinder, The Cartel, Art/Work and many, many more.
2023 Winner on Coverfly
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
ENTRANT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Void where prohibited by law.
This Stage 32 Contest is an international contest. Must be 18 years or older to submit.
Entrant agrees to Stage32.com terms and conditions.
This Stage 32 Contest is not a game of chance. All material is read and reviewed by industry professionals.
All quarterfinalists, semi-finalists, finalists and winners are subjectively determined by our judges.
There is no limit to the number of screenplays an Entrant can enter. The same screenplay cannot be submitted multiple times under different names. If so, you will be disqualified.
Entrant must not be an immediate family member or friend of any of the judges or their respective companies.
Entrant acknowledges that because of the judges' and mentors' position in the entertainment industry they receive numerous submissions of ideas, formats, stories, suggestions and the like and that many such submissions heretofore or hereafter received by them are similar to or identical to those developed by them or their employees or, if an agent, are otherwise available to them.
Entrant acknowledges that they will not be entitled to any compensation because of the use by judges or mentors of any such similar material.
Entrant acknowledges that no fiduciary or confidential relationship now exists between Entrant and judges or mentors, and Entrant further acknowledges that no such relationships are established between Entrant and judges or mentors by reason of this contest entry.
Entrants must submit screenplays and payment online.
Entrants must upload their submission within 72 hours of entry purchase.
Entry fees will not be returned or adjusted.
No waivers are available for this contest.
SCREENPLAY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Screenplays should be written in English and in standard industry format.
The rights to the Entrant’s screenplay should not have been previously optioned or sold.
The Entrant retains the rights to his or her screenplay at all times.
Entrant’s screenplay must not have been produced.
The screenplay can be submitted with or without a title page and/or contact information.
After a screenplay is entered, no new drafts or corrected pages can be made by the Entrant unless it is confirmed in our records that the Entrant has paid for the "Resubmission" option.
Screenplay must be submitted as a PDF document.
Screenplay must be the original work of the Entrant and may not be based whole or in part on any fictional or non-fictional material, published or unpublished, produced or unproduced for which the Entrant does not have rights. Neither Stage 32 nor its judges investigates or attests to the authenticity of an applicant’s statement of authorship or rights secured. By entering the competition, you are acknowledging that you have secured all necessary rights.
Using our new Feedback & Resubmission Option you will get 3-5 pages of coverage/notes back in 5-days with a guaranteed option to resubmit one (1) revised draft of your script up to 10 days after the Final Deadline! See what elements of your script are working and what still needs to be developed. You can position yourself for the best chance of success - all for an additional fee of only $99.
This option is good for a one-time use and is non-refundable/non-transferable if you do not enter an updated draft. Updated drafts will need to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be scored.