Shore Scripts TV Pilot ContestEnter Now
DISCOVERING THE BEST NEW SCREENWRITING TALENT FROM AROUND THE WORLD
How do we do that?
We’ve helped 100+ Writers gain representation, sell, and have their screenplays produced.
- TWO CATEGORIES - 1-Hour Pilot & ½-Hour Pilot.
- $7K in Cash to giveaway to 2022’s Grand Prize & 2nd Place Winners. Thousands more in development prizes.
- 13 Emmy & BAFTA Winning Judges will read the final round of submissions.
- 70+ Production Companies, Agents & Managers, and 80+ Award-Winning Directors are signed up to read this year’s best scripts.
2022’s PRIZES INCLUDE MENTORSHIPS & GUARANTEED INDUSTRY MEETINGS!
Our 1-Hour TV Pilot Grand Prize Winner will win a mentorship with writer & producer Emily Andras – WYNONNA EARP, KILLJOYS, LOST GIRL.
Our ½-Hour TV Pilot Grand Prize Winner will win a mentorship with Emmy-nominated producer Randall Keenan Winston – SCRUBS, GRACIE & FRANKIE, RUSH HOUR.
Both of our TV Pilot Grand Prize Winners will be offered at least 5 Guaranteed Meetings with industry execs from a selection of the following companies – Film Nation, Elation, Casarotto, Radical Media, Bellevue, The Agency, Independent Talent, Wild Card, Sugar 23, Adam Mirels, and Aldamisa.
And, both of our TV Pilot 2nd Place Winners will be offered at least 2 Guaranteed Meetings with Producers, Managers, and Agents on our roster who are best suited to your work.
Take a look at our Alumni and see how winning Shore Scripts can jump-start your screenwriting career: http://www.shorescripts.com/success-stories/
All our TV PILOT FINALISTS will have their scripts sent to our award-winning Judges.
Our Judges include:
- Daisy Haggard, Writer & Actress – EPISODES, BREEDERS, BACK TO LIFE.
- Chris Provenzano, Emmy-nominated Writer & Producer – MAD MEN, JUSTIFIED, GET LOW, SILICON VALLEY.
- Randall Keenan Winston, Writer & Producer - MIXED-ISH, GRACE & FRANKIE, AMERICAN HOUSEWIFE, SCRUBS.
- Emma Luffingham, Writer & Producer - SHOWTRIAL, THE GOOD KARMA HOSPITAL, SILK.
See the full list of our Judges here - http://www.shorescripts.com/judges/
Following each contest, we begin the process of sending scripts to our Industry Roster. You don’t need to be one of our winners to have your script sent out. We will always consult with you before we send out your work.
NOTE: Shore Scripts never claims any rights over a writer’s work.
Our Industry Roster includes BLUMHOUSE, ANONYMOUS CONTENT, GERSH, NUMBER 9 FILMS, VERVE & many more.
MORE INFO CAN BE SEEN HERE: http://www.shorescripts.com/tv/
Prices & Deadlines
Standard ½-Hour Contest Entry
Standard 1-Hour Contest Entry
½-Hour Contest Entry + 3-Page Feedback Report
1-Hour Contest Entry + 3-Page Feedback Report
½-Hour Contest Entry + 6-Page Feedback Report
1-Hour Contest Entry + 6-Page Feedback Report
1-Hour Contest Entry + 10-Page Feedback Report
- $2,500 to our 1-Hour Pilot Winner and an opportunity to be mentored by writer & producer Emily Andras – WYNONNA EARP, KILLJOYS, LOST GIRL.
- $2,500 to our ½-Hour Pilot Winner Winner and an opportunity to be mentored by Emmy-nominated producer Randall Keenan Winston – SCRUBS, GRACIE & FRANKIE, RUSH HOUR.
2021 Winners on Coverfly
*½-Hour Pilots should ideally be within 5-35 Pages and 1-Hour Pilot within 40-70 Pages. There is a small additional fee for scripts over this length.
* Web Series should be submitted to the ½-Hour TV Pilot Contest category.
* Shore Scripts only accepts
* Screenwriters from all countries
are welcome to enter. All scripts must be written in English.
* The script must be the writer’s original work. Adaptations are accepted but the writer must own all copyright. At no point will Shore Scripts ever have any rights over your work.
* All ages are welcome.
* We accept animations.
* Each writer, or writing team, may not have earned more than $50,000 in screenwriting fees in the preceding 18 months. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. (Contest & Fellowship awards do not count toward this total).
* You may enter a more recent
draft of an already submitted script. There is a small additional fee as the
script will be reread. You may re-enter your script through the Resubmission page.
* A writer can enter as many scripts in as many categories as they wish.
* If a script is optioned or
purchased during the competition, then it will no longer be eligible for the
* Scripts should be formatted at
size 12 Courier.
* We prefer scripts to be
submitted as a PDF file.
* Submissions can be from any genre and you can make a note of any sub-genres in the Comments field on the submission form.
* The winners consent to Shore
Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for
promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other
contestants and the media of the results.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer
gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we
are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platform whenever we
* Shore Scripts staff and
associates are unable to enter.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is
final. By applying to this contest each participant agrees to hold Shore
Scripts, our judges, and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims,
liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you
authorize us to use any trusted third-party online, cloud-based, and email
services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or sending/transmitting your
* If we see fit, we can extend the final deadline for the competition. (Please note that this has never yet happened).