We’re thrilled to announce our 2019 Sci-Fi & Fantasy Screenplay Competition! Whether you’re writing a contained science fiction drama or an epic fantasy saga, we want to read your feature film script. The jury is out of this world — with judges who love sci-fi and fantasy movies — from top companies including 20th Century Fox, Anonymous Content, Grandview and Mosaic! Don’t miss the industry’s #1 sci-fi & fantasy feature screenplay competition. Enter here before the final deadline on March 31st.
Haven't finished your screenplay yet? Check out the Sci-Fi and Fantasy Concept Contest. Submit you idea, up to 5 pages. The winner will be mentored by an executive from 20th Century Fox to turn the concept into a screenplay.
Winner receives a $1,000 cash grant and top scripts are considered by our incredible jury.
The 2019 Sci-Fi jury includes executives from 20th Century Fox, Anonymous Content, Mosaic and Grandview:
Development Executive at 20th Century Fox, the studio behind AVATAR, X-MEN, ANOTHER EARTH, RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, PROMETHEUS, PREDATORS and more!
Manager at Anonymous Content, a management and production company whose projects include MR. ROBOT, TRUE DETECTIVE, HOMECOMING and ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND and whose clients include Academy Award-winner Alfonso Cuaron and Emma Stone.
Manager at Grandview, a talent and literary management company whose clients have written, produced, or appeared in such projects as READY PLAYER ONE, THE PURGE, and A QUIET PLACE.
John Tynan & Jeremy Berney
Managers at Mosaic, a management and production company whose clients include Tessa Thompson, Will Ferrell, Jessica Chastain, Judd Apatow & Linda Cardellini, among many other top Hollywood stars.
- Submissions are accepted via electronic submission only, between January 1st, 2019 and March 31st, 2019.
- Entry fee for each feature film screenplay is $49 until the early deadline on January 31st, 2019, then $69 until the final deadline on March 31st, 2019.
- Optional feedback from a professional reader may be requested at the time of entry. Requests for feedback after an entry is submitted will not be accepted.
- Screenplays must be a minimum of 75 pages and a maximum of 150 pages.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Entries must be received on or before the deadline dates by 11:59PM Pacific Time, and submission fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission. All entry fees are non-refundable.
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the writer. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
- If a writing team is chosen as a winner, prizes will be given to the person who submits the project. Each team is responsible for dividing or sharing the prize money.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material will be allowed for a limited time with a $5 reentry fee through Coverfly. Please proofread your script carefully before submitting.
- It is recommended that original material be registered with the WGA or The Library of Congress before submitting to any competition, however we do not require registration.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- All ownership and rights to the scripts submitted to this contest remains with the original rights holders.
- All writers at least 18 years of age are eligible. However, a writer who has earned more than $50,000 (or equivalent currency) from professional writing services for film or TV in the preceding year is not. (Contest winnings not included.)
- All persons from anywhere in the world are eligible; however the material submitted must be in English (occasional dialogue in other languages is acceptable, if subtitle translation is provided).
- All material submitted to other competitions or contests are eligible for this contest.
- There are no requirements as to when the material was written.
- Screenplay and intellectual property must be wholly owned and submitted by the writer(s).
- Material should be submitted in standard screenplay format, font, spacing and margin.
- We have no preferences regarding title page content. Title and name of writer would suffice.
- Entries for this competition are managed on the submission platform Coverfly.
- Adaptations are ineligible unless the underlying rights are owned by the writer or the work is in the public domain.
- Feature screenplays longer than 150 pages will not be eligible.
- All material must be submitted electronically as a PDF or it will not be eligible.
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a category