In partnership with BondIt Media Capital, a film & media fund based in Santa Monica, California, ScreenCraft is offering two production grants per year to talented filmmakers for narrative features, short films and TV pilot series scripts and documentaries that display originality, vision & exceptional potential.
Grant amounts will vary from $10,000 to $30,000 depending on the scale and merit of each project. This program includes creative development from the ScreenCraft team and production guidance and resources from BondIt Media Capital and Buffalo 8 Productions.
Winners will also be able to get advice and guidance from some incredible mentors. The Spring 2019 mentors will be announced soon.
To apply, there are two documents required:
A Script — this doesn’t have to be a completed screenplay if you’re applying for a documentary or if your film is already in production. It can be a treatment, a PDF with links to footage, or any other pitch document that shows the project’s potential.
A Cover Letter — A letter that expresses your vision for your project. Help the judges get a sense of your creative vision and professional experience. Let us know if you’ve begun production and what you’d be able to use the funding for. We recommend 1-2 pages in length.
Optionally, you can include a PDF document that includes any other information. This can be anything from a full series bible to a line-item budget, to links to footage or a sizzle reel. We recommend only including information that gives a better sense of the specific project, but please include anything that will help our judges understand the creators and the project.
An unrestricted film grant from one to three projects for up to $30,000.
- APPLICATION GUIDELINES:
- Spring Funding Cycle opening January 1, with a Spring Early Deadline of January 31, a regular deadline of March 31, and a final deadline of June 30.
- Grants will range in size from $10,000 to $30,000 per project. Grant amount will be determined by the jury consisting of executives from ScreenCraft and BondIt.
- Recipients will be announced within 90 days of the final deadline of each cycle.
- Applications are accepted via electronic submission only.
- Application fee for each project is $45 before the early deadline of each cycle, and then $55 until the regular deadline of each cycle, and then $65 before the final deadline of each cycle. Student price (with an active high school or university email address) is $35 before the early deadlines, then $45 until the regular deadlines of each cycle, and then $55 until the final deadline of each cycle.
- Application must include a screenplay and a project vision statement from the writer or director. You are welcome to include any and all relevant links to prior work in the cover letter.
- There is no limit to the number of projects you may submit.
- Applications must be received on or before the deadlines and application fee payment must be made in full at time of the submission.
- All application fees are non-refundable
- All submitted material must be original, and all rights must be wholly owned by the writer(s).
- Material must be submitted by the author or owner of the material. Material written by writing teams must be submitted by one of the writers, with consent of the other(s). All writers must be credited on title page.
- Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are not allowed. Please proofread your script very carefully before submitting.
- Contact info may be included on the cover page of the screenplay, however it is not required.
- Recipient(s) of each funding cycle will be announced and notified approximately 6 weeks after the application deadline.
- Grant funding is conditional upon selected recipient going into production on selected project within twelve (12) months of when the grant was awarded.
For full set of eligibility, press, and legal information please visit: https://screencraft.org/fund/
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a category