ScreenCraft Film FundSubscribe
This unique grant program is designed to help fund your vision. We consider a range of projects, from treatments to standalone screenplays, to fully-packaged projects seeking finishing funds and will choose 1 - 4 projects to fund. Grant amounts will vary up to $30,000 depending on the scale and merit of each project.
For this year's competition we're thrilled to welcome Oscar-nominated writer, director, and producer, Dan Gilroy (ANDOR, NIGHTCRAWLER, THE BOURNE LEGACY) who will select one winner to receive a phone meeting and provide industry insight and guidance.
ScreenCraft will offer production grants to talented creators for narrative features, short films, TV pilot series scripts, and documentaries that display originality, vision & exceptional potential.
Oscar-nominated writer, director, producer
Dan Gilroy is an Oscar-nominated screenwriter, director, and producer. His feature directing debut, NIGHTCRAWLER, won Best Screenplay at the 30th Independent Spirit Awards and was nominated for Best Original Screenplay at the 87th Academy Awards. Gilroy went on to write and direct ROMAN J. ISRAEL starring Denzel Washington, who was nominated for the Oscar, Golden Globe, and SAG Award for his starring role. Other notable works include VELVET BUZZSAW starring Jake Gyllenhaal, which premiered at the 2019 Sundance Film Festival and was released by Netflix. Most recently, Gilroy was nominated in both Best Drama Series and Best New Series at the 2023 WGA Awards for his work on ANDOR on Disney+.
Spring 2023 Finalists on Coverfly
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
- Please submit with:
- 1. A Script or Treatment — this doesn’t have to be a completed screenplay if you’re applying for a documentary or if your film is already in production. It can be a treatment, a PDF with links to footage, or any other pitch document that shows the project’s potential.
- 2. A Cover Letter — A letter that expresses your vision for your project. Help the judges get a sense of your creative vision and professional experience. Let us know if you’ve begun production and what you’d be able to use the funding for. We recommend 1-2 pages in length.
- Accepted formats for Film Fund include Narrative (Features, Series, Shorts), Documentaries (Features, Series, Shorts), and Unscripted (Features, Series)
- For Narrative format submissions, screenplays must be submitted in industry-standard formatting as a PDF file, along with a Cover Letter. Because different formats are accepted, scripts and submissions may be any page count. However, any submission longer than 120 pages will incur a $1 per page overage fee for each page over 120.
- For Documentaries, instead of a screenplay, a treatment about the project will be accepted, which can include links to video footage (YouTube, Vimeo, etc), along with the Cover Letter.
For Unscripted format submissions, please submit a treatment about the project and highlight any exclusive access to intellectual property or a public figure. Links to video footage can be included, along with the Cover Letter.
- Optionally, you can include a PDF document that includes any other information. This can be anything from a full series bible to a line-item budget, to links to footage or a sizzle reel. We recommend only including information that gives a better sense of the specific project, but please include anything that will help our judges understand the creators and the project.
When reviewing your submission we will consider your primary document (varies depending on your project format) and your cover letter. Additional optional materials, will be reviewed as needed.
Grants will range in size up to $30,000 per project. Grant amount will be determined by the jury consisting of executives from ScreenCraft.
- In the event a juror, partner organization, mentor, and/or prize partner is no longer able to serve in their specified capacity, ScreenCraft will make its best effort to secure a replacement.
Recipients will be announced within 12 weeks of the final deadline of each cycle. Please refer to the top of the page for announcement dates.
- Applications are accepted via electronic submission only.