ROMANCE Screenplay Festival ContestSubscribe
We are proud to showcase a winning ROMANCE based screenplay at our festival every single month!! Go to the site and watch the winning readings each month.
All entries receive full feedback from the industry. Accepted screenplays get their screenplays performed by professional actors at the Carlton Cinemas, located in The Village in downtown Toronto.
Read recent testimonials:
This is the 5th or 6th time I’ve submitted a script to the festival over the past few years. I think it’s the timely and respectful feedback that has influenced me to enter the festival. For a reasonable price, I can get insightful feedback and a chance to have it read aloud. And it’s a chance you get monthly, which is cool.
– John Arthur-Ingram (Three Play – Feature Screenplay)
The prize. A table read is much more exciting than yet another copy of final draft. The reviewer called my writing brilliant, and I didn’t have to bribe or blackmail him/her. That felt nice.
– Olaf Baumann (Death Don’t Us Part – Feature Screenplay)
I loved the idea of actors reading my story. Apart from the potential publicity, this seemed like such a privilege. And I really appreciated the feedback. It was encouraging, but also spot-on as far as weaknesses.
– Lauren Hoekstra (Yellow Touch Red You’re Dead – Feature Screenplay)
All Entrants Receive:
- 1-2 pages of detailed notes from their first round review.
Official Selections Receive:
- Their script performed by professional actors.
- Recordings of the professional table read are posted and distributed to the Wildsound network for views from industry executives and fellow creatives
- 80% of past winners have gone on to receive representation