WHY ENTER LAUNCH PAD COMPETITIONS?
403 Writers Signed -- 134 Projects Setup -- 61 Writers Staffed -- 7 Bidding Wars
WHAT MAKES LAUNCH PAD SO SUCCESSFUL?
From the start, the competition has leveraged our deep relationships with Hollywood’s top agents, managers, producers, and executives and consistently assembled a “who’s who” panel of 25 judges for each and every competition. This year is no exception, with judges participating from Paradigm, APA, Energy Entertainment, Circle of Confusion, Di Novi Pictures, Bellevue, and many more. At the Launch Pad, we go above and beyond to advocate for all of our finalists, from the Top 75 all the way to our winners. We work tirelessly to get your work into the hands of the biggest agencies, management companies, and production companies around to showcase you and your writing. But that’s just where it begins. Our industry leading partnerships with companies like Michael De Luca Productions, Scott Free Productions, Vertigo Entertainment, Endgame Entertainment, Lee Stobby Entertainment, ESA, and Energy Entertainment, to name a few, give writers even more opportunities to take their writing careers to the next level.
WHAT MAKE US DIFFERENT FROM THE REST?
WE WORK WITH OUR WINNERS
416 Writers Signed -- 145 Projects Setup -- 64 Writers Staffed -- 7 Bidding Wars
THIS YEARS JUDGES INCLUDE...
Adrian Askarieh - Prime Universe Films
- Produced the successful “Hitman” series, including 2007’s HITMAN and 2015’s “HITMAN: AGENT 47, as well as an upcoming television adaptation for Hulu.
- Prime Universe Films has a first look deal with studio Constantin Films for film and television projects.
- Prime Universe has previously served as our Launch Pad Guaranteed Option partner.
Alana Wright - New Regency
- New Regency is behind such commercial and critical hit films as WIDOWS, THE GIRL IN THE SPIDER’S WEB and BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY.
- Wright previously worked at Scott Free during the release of such films as ALIEN: COVENANT and MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS.
- New Regency’s upcoming films include Robert Eggers’ THE LIGHTHOUSE and Greta Gerwig’s star-studded LITTLE WOMEN adaptation.
Andrew Childs – Vertigo Entertainment
- Vertigo Entertainment has produced such films as Stephen King’s IT, THE BOY, THE LEGO MOVIE, DEATH NOTE and THE DEPARTED.
- Vertigo’s upcoming slate includes IT: CHAPTER 2 and DOCTOR SLEEP, the sequel to THE SHINING.
- Andrew is currently serving as Executive Producer on the 2018 Black List script COBWEB, as well as the Production Executive for YUBA and DELILAH DIRK AND THE TURKISH LIEUTENANT.
- Vertigo Entertainment has previously served as a Launch Pad exclusive partner and has optioned multiple scripts from the competition over the past few years.
Brandon Loureiro - Paramount Players
- Paramount Players is a new film division within Paramount developing projects for the audiences of Nickelodeon, MTV, BET, and Comedy Central.
- Paramount Players’ recent releases include the comedies WHAT MEN WANT and NOBODY’S FOOL.
- Upcoming releases include DORA AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD, THE SPONGEBOB MOVIE: IT’S A WONDERFUL SPONGE, and film versions of the classic television series RUGRATS and ARE YOU AFRAID OF THE DARK?
Brooklyn Weaver - Energy Entertainment
- One of the top spec-selling managers in Hollywood, who has sold multiple Launch Pad scripts in film, TV and publishing.
- His clients include Rob Liefeld (DEADPOOL), Brad Ingelsby (RUN ALL NIGHT, OUT OF THE FURNACE), Mark Mallouk (BLACK MASS).
- His clients have created the hit TV series REVERIE and EXTANT (Mickey Fisher) as well as BATES MOTEL (Anthony Cipriano).
- Has had clients on the Black List, Hit List or Young & Hungry List every year since 2014.
Casey Minella - Circle of Confusion
- Circle of Confusion clients include Adam F. Goldberg, creator of THE GOLDBERGS, Anthony Jaswinski (THE SHALLOWS), Gary Whitta (ROGUE ONE), Jon Spaiths (PASSENGERS, DOCTOR STRANGE, PROMETHEUS), and the Wachowskis (CLOUD ATLAS, SENSE8).
- Circle of Confusion produces both THE WALKING DEAD and FEAR THE WALKING DEAD as well as the upcoming Amazon series DAISY JONES & THE SIX.
- Circle of Confusion writers are staffed on such shows as LUCIFER, ANGIE TRIBECA, CHICAGO FIRE, SPEECHLESS, THE AFFAIR, CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND and more.
Charlie Ferraro – UTA
- His clients include such successful writers as Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely (CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR), Diana Ossana and Larry McMurty (BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN), Gary Whitta (ROGUE ONE), and Steven Moffat (DOCTOR WHO, SHERLOCK).
- A partner at UTA, he has signed more than half a dozen Launch Pad writers in the past few years, setting up LP projects with Fox, UCP and Netflix.
- Represented 3 projects on the 2018 Black List, 4 on the 2018 Hit List, and had 6 clients on the 2018 Young & Hungry List.
David Boxerbaum – Verve
- Was the top representative on both the Hit List and Young & Hungry List for 2018, representing 8 entries on each, and has had writers on those two lists and the Black List every year since 2013.
- He has signed and sold multiple Launch Pad writers and scripts.
- Has been behind 4 of the 7 bidding wars in the Launch Pad’s history, most recently selling LP writer Dennis Curlett’s script JUST. ONE. KISS. to Netflix.
Derrick Eppich - Lee Stobby Entertainment
- Lee Stobby Entertainment not only signed the first ever Launch Pad feature and pilot winners, but has continued to be an amazing partner, signing multiple Launch Pad writers over the years and setting up their work or staffing them on shows for places such as Netflix, HBO, Fox, Chernin Entertainment, and Anonymous Content.
- Lee Stobby Entertainment’s clients have been staffed on such shows as THE MIDDLE, LEGACIES and STRANGER THINGS.
- The company represents Shay Hatten, writer of JOHN WICK 3.
Jake Wagner - Good Fear Film + Management
- Wagner served as an Executive Producer on the Dave Bautista/Kumail Nanjiani film STUBER.
- Recently set up Launch Pad writer John Wikstrom’s script AMA with Assemble Media and Romark Entertainment, with Zelda Williams attached to direct.
- Represents such writers as Michael and Shawn Rasmussen (CRAWL), Tripper Clancy (STUBER) and Evan Daugherty (SNOW WHITE AND THE HUNTSMAN, TOMB RAIDER).
- Had writers appear on the Hit List, Young & Hungry List and Black List for 2018.
Jason Tamasco - Bad Idea
- Bad Idea’s recent projects have included OPENING NIGHT starring Topher Grace & Taye Diggs, and EL CHAPO, both for Netflix.
- They recently sold DEADTECTIVES starring Chris Geere and Martha Higareda to Shudder / AMC.
- Served as the Guaranteed Option partner for the 2019 Launch Pad Pilot Competition.
Jeff Belkin - Zero Gravity Management
- Zero Gravity has produced such films as PROUD MARY and THE ACCOUNTANT.
- Zero Gravity produces the Emmy-nominated Netflix series OZARK starring Jason Bateman and Laura Linney and will produce the upcoming Madam C.J. Walker project starring Octavia Spencer.
- Zero Gravity clients have been staffed on such shows as History Channel’s SIX and Netflix’s BOJACK HORSEMAN.
Kegan Schell - Echo Lake Entertainment – Manager
- Echo Lake clients have been staffed on such shows as KEVIN CAN WAIT, MAYANS MC, THE PATH, MACGYVER and more.
- Echo Lake Entertainment produced such films as NEBRASKA and ROMEO AND JULIET and the SyFy series VAN HELSING.
- Upcoming Echo Lake projects include ALL THE BRIGHT PLACES starring Elle Fanning and Justice Smith and THE SECRETS WE KEEP starring Noomi Rapace and Joel Kinnaman.
Matthew Goldberg – Mgold Productions
- After stints working for Gotham Group and Davis Entertainment, Matthew has recently set up his own production company, Mgold Productions.
- While working at Davis Entertainment, Matthew oversaw production of DOLEMITE for Netflix and JUNGLE CRUISE for Disney.
Michael Sauvage – UTA
- After working his way up through the mailroom, Michael became the Coordinator for MP Literary, Animation & Media Rights at UTA.
- UTA was the top agency represented on the 2018 Young & Hungry List, with 21 writers appearing, and was the second-most successful agency on the 2018 Hit List with 15 projects.
- UTA has signed more than half a dozen Launch Pad writers in the past few years, setting up Launch Pad projects with Fox, UCP and Netflix.
Mike Blutstein - John Goldwyn Productions
- John Goldwyn Productions produced the Emmy-winning Showtime series DEXTER and Discovery’s MANHUNT: UNABOMBER.
- The company is producing an upcoming adaptation of the seminal Broadway musical GUYS AND DOLLS with TriStar Productions.
- They produced the Oscar-nominated Bob Dylan biopic I’M NOT THERE from director Todd Haynes.
Nicole Poritzky - Mandeville Films
- Mandeville produced such hit films as WONDER, STRONGER and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST.
- Their upcoming slate includes THE AERONAUTS, starring Eddie Redmayne and Felicity Jones.
- Mandeville is behind TV series such as MONK, THE FIX and THE FAMILY.
Noah Rosen - Writ Large
- Rosen’s clients have been staffed on such shows as STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, THE LOOMING TOWER, GOD FRIENDED ME, GOOD TROUBLE, KIDDING, WESTWORLD, THE SINNER, THE CHILLING ADVENTURES OF SABRINA, THE FLASH and more.
- Rosen represents writers such as Chris Parker (HEAVEN IS FOR REAL), David A. Newman and Keith Merryman (THINK LIKE A MAN).
- Writ Large produced the Emmy-nominated Hulu true crime series THE ACT.
Samantha Shear - Zoic Studios
- Zoic Studios is a creative production studio focusing on visual effects and animation, now moving into live-action production focusing on the company mission of “visual evolution.”
- Zoic has provided visual effects for projects such as AVENGERS, MOTHER!, GAME OF THRONES and more, winning 8 Emmy Awards and 8 Visual Effects Society Awards.
- Zoic’s upcoming slate includes an adaptation of Christopher Golden’s novel SNOWBLIND, and an adaptation of THE SECRET TREE by Natalie Standiford.
- Samantha has focused her career on IP adaptation, recently having set up the Katherine Applegate novel CRENSHAW at Fox Studios with James Mangold set to direct.
Steven Snyder - Innisfree Pictures
- Innisfree Pictures has a first look deal at Focus Features.
- Steven previously worked for Focus Features and Good Universe.
- Innisfree Pictures produced GREEN BOOK, the winner of the Academy Award for Best Picture, Best Original Screenplay and Best Supporting Actor in 2018.
Tom Carter - Artillery Creative
- His clients have written for networks like NBC, HBO, TNT, USA, CBS, Freeform, and on shows that include TIMELESS and CHICAGO PD.
- Has previously signed several Launch Pad feature and pilot writers including Annabelle Seymour, David Hoffman, Devi Gowni, Jenny Deiker and Migizi Pensoneau, all of whom have gone on to set up their Launch Pad projects and/or staff on multiple shows.
- He is producing the upcoming adaptation of Octavia E. Butler’s Hugo and Nebula Award-winning book DAWN with Ava DuVernay attached to produce.
- He is also producing the adaptation of true crime thriller BURN for Anonymous Content with Mahershala Ali set to star and client Frederick Kotto set to write.
Travis Mauk - Smart Entertainment
- Smart Entertainment produced such films as THE BOY NEXT DOOR, TED and BLADES OF GLORY.
- Smart Entertainment President John L. Jacobs has been a Consulting Producer on such shows as FAMILY GUY and AMERICAN DAD.
Will Raynor – Mandalay
- Mandalay has produced such acclaimed films as BERNIE, THE BIRTH OF A NATION and MARK FELT: THE MAN WHO BROUGHT DOWN THE WHITE HOUSE.
- Produced the Netflix film LITTLE EVIL starring Adam Scott and Evangeline Lilly and has three more films in production for the streaming service.
- Producing the highly anticipated directorial debut of acclaimed costume designer Courtney Hoffman, THE GOOD TIME GIRLS, starring Bruce and Laura Dern.
Zack Zucker - Bellevue
- One of the best spec-selling management companies in town, Bellevue has consistently appeared toward the top of every major year-end list for the past three years.
- Bellevue is producing the upcoming Madonna biopic BLONDE AMBITION for Universal as well as the horror film ELI with Intrepid Pictures.
- Bellevue had 6 clients on the 2018 Young & Hungry List and represented 5 projects on the 2018 Hit List.
GUARANTEED OPTION PRIZE
Our guaranteed option partners have included more than a dozen projects that have been optioned and sold in just the past few years from people such as Ridley Scott, Michael De Luca, Roy Lee, Jeremy Garelick, as well as companies such as Prime Universe, Romark Entertainment, Oil & Cattle and Endgame Entertainment amongst others. We will reveal our 2019 Launch Pad Feature Option Partners soon!
As in previous competitions, our guaranteed option partner(s) will select a minimum of 1 project from this years competition to option. To be eligible for the guaranteed option prize, all entrants MUST select the “Guaranteed Option” add-on at time of sign up.
GUARANTEED SIGNING PRIZE
Our guaranteed signing partners have included everyone from WME, UTA, Paradigm, ESA, Energy Entertainment, Good Fear Film + Management, Artillery Creative, Anonymous Content, Fourth Wall Management, Verve and Lee Stobby Entertainment amongst others, and this year’s partner will continue the trend of pairing highly successful representation with exceptional new writers.
As in previous competitions, our guaranteed signing partner(s) will select a minimum of 1 writer from this years competition to represent. To be eligible for the guaranteed signing prize, all entrants MUST select the “Guaranteed Signing” add-on at time of sign up.
LAUNCH PAD MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Stay Tuned over the next few weeks as we reveal our 2019 Launch Pad Feature Competition Mentors who will join the ranks of Cormac & Marianne Wibberly (National Treasure), Gary Graham (I Am Legend), Ian Shorr (Training Day), Talia Gonzalez & Bisanne Masoud (Hawaii 5-O, iZombie), Santa Sierra (Narcos), Jason Hellerman (Shovel Buddies), Anthony Cipriano (Bates Motel), Mark Mallouk (Black Mass), Eric Koenig (Matriarch), Daniel Wallace (Big Fish), David Hoffman (Timeless), Zach Robbins (Ballers), Mike Perri (State of Affairs), Andrew Baldwin (The Take), Tal Klein (The Punch Escrow), and many others who came before them. As in previous competitions, each of our mentors or mentor teams will select a minimum of 1 writer each from this years competition to mentor. To be eligible for the Launch Pad Mentorship Program, all entrants MUST select the “Mentorship” add-on at time of entry, or enter utilizing their All Access Pass.
- All scripts must be submitted with a cover page containing ONLY THE SCRIPT TITLE, without any of the writer(s) names or discernable marks, including but not limited to WGA Registration numbers.
- All scripts MUST BE submitted as a PDF.
- All feature scripts over 130 pages will be charged an extra $1 per page for the entry.
- Do not submit any form of pitch document with your feature script.
- Scripts with multiple writers are allowed (however, all entry fees must be paid under one account).
- All scripts must be the sole property of the writer(s).
- All scripts will be read at least twice to ensure the best judgment of your work. All scripts will also be read blind, with no names, or title pages allowed. We choose this option so that each script is judged by the work, and the words alone.
- Pilots or features with a prior option are allowed, but at the time of submission and for the duration of the contest, must remain exclusively the writer’s property.
- The only scripts not allowed to be entered are those which have already sold, have previously earned our “TB Recommends” honors, or received a top 25 placement in a previous Launch Pad competition.
- Each script may only be entered one time. Once a script has been submitted, there are absolutely NO SUBSTITUTIONS of pages, drafts, or scripts overall.
- The Launch Pad and all judges/readers will utilize whatever criteria they deem appropriate in deciding a winner.
- All scripts will remain the property of the writer(s) throughout the contest (at no point will anyone from the judge’s panel, or Launch Pad ever attach themselves to your work without your consent).
- Entrants may be contacted as a result of the contest by Launch Pad, the judging panel or other industry professionals in regards to representation, production, sale and/or option of the entered work.
- Entrants are under no obligation to sell their work or otherwise attach themselves to representation in any form.
- General script entries will not receive feedback, however, you can opt to upgrade and receive feedback on your script submission.
- The contest is open to entrants 18 or older. It is an international contest and open to entrants worldwide.
- The Launch Pad reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify these terms at any time without notice.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive periodic emails from The Launch Pad and The Tracking Board and. You may unsubscribe to these at any time.
- During the Finalist rounds of the competitions The Launch Pad Partners and Judges will have exclusive access to entries.
- All entrants understand and agree to allow Launch Pad to post details on their script (title, writers name, logline, genre, and competition details) as well as regarding the writer (biography, picture) to their site, or sister site to help promote the entrants work.
- All purchases and submissions are final. No refunds will be issued.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Log in or Sign Up
Choose a category