Launch Pad Pilot CompetitionSubscribe
Grand Prize | Top 3 Winners
Everything the Top 10 receive, plus…
Invited to an exclusive, Launch Pad virtual event where you’ll interact with industry professionals like top agents, manager, executives.
Everything the Top 50 receive, plus…
Your work will be read, reviewed and voted on by each of our esteemed Judges.
One free entry to any future Launch Pad Competition of your choosing.
Everything the Top 100 receive, plus…
One year free membership to the Tracking Board.
Your project and writer profile will be shared and marketed to our extensive industry network through newsletters, website posts, promotional emails and more.
Guaranteed Option Prize
A Minimum of 1 project will be selected from our option partners Confluential Films and Dynamic Television to receive an option offer for their Launch Pad project.
To qualify for this prize, entrants must have selected the “Guaranteed Option” add-on when submitting their project.
Guaranteed Signing Prize
A Minimum of 1 writer will be selected for representation by our exclusive signing partner Rascality Entertainment.
To qualify for this prize, entrants must have selected the “Guaranteed Signing” add-on when submitting their project.
This prize, as with all add-on prizes is not decided upon by placement in the competition. Regardless of whether the project entered makes any finalist round, your project will still be in contention for this prize until the competition ends.
Mentorship Program Selections | 3 Winners Selected
A Minimum of 3 writers (1 per mentor) will be selected by our mentors to enter our 2022 Launch Pad Pilot Mentorship Program.
To qualify for this prize, entrants must have selected the “Mentorship Program” add-on when submitting their project.
This prize, as with all add-on prizes, is not decided upon by placement in the competition. Regardless of whether the project entered makes any finalist round, your project will still be in contention for this prize until the competition ends.
2022 Top Comedy on Coverfly
At the program's request, Coverfly will automatically remove your title page for you if you include one when submitting to this program.
- All scripts MUST BE submitted as a PDF.
- All pilot scripts must be under 70 pages (any script with more than 70 pages will be charged an additional $1 per page)
- Do not submit any form of pitch document with your pilot script.
- Do not include any identifying information (name, address, etc) on any page of your submission EXCEPT for the Title Page, which will be removed before sharing with readers to preserve anonymity. As such, the Title Page can include any information you would like.
- Scripts with multiple writers are allowed (however, all entry fees must be paid under one account and all prizes to be shared among writing partners).
- All submissions must be the sole property of the writer(s). Any submissions of existing characters and or stories not in the public domain, as well as any intellectual property that the writer does not own will be disqualified.
- Pilots with a prior option are allowed, but at the time of submission and for the duration of the contest, must remain exclusively the writer’s property.
- The only scripts not allowed to be entered are those which have already sold, been produced, have previously earned our “TB Recommends” or “Launch Pad Recommends” honors, or received a top 100 placement in a previous Launch Pad competition, regardless of format.
- Launch Pad uses Coverfly to manage our submissions and reads. Updated drafts accepted through the Coverfly website only.
- The Launch Pad and all judges/readers will utilize whatever criteria they deem appropriate in deciding a winner.
- All scripts will remain the property of the writer(s) throughout the contest (at no point will anyone from the judge’s panel, or Launch Pad ever attach themselves to your work without your consent).
- Entrants may be contacted as a result of the contest by Launch Pad, its partners, the judging panel or other industry professionals in regards to representation, production, sale and/or option of the entered work.
- Entrants are under no obligation to sell their work or otherwise attach themselves to representation in any form – this includes the guaranteed option and guaranteed signing add ons
- General script entries will not receive feedback, however, you can opt to upgrade and receive feedback on your script submission.
- The contest is open to entrants who will be 18 or older at the time of the winners announcement. It is an international contest and open to entrants worldwide.
- The Launch Pad reserves the right, at our sole discretion, to change or modify these terms at any time without notice.
- By entering this competition, you agree to receive periodic emails from The Launch Pad and The Tracking Board. You may unsubscribe to these at any time.
- All entrants understand and agree to allow Launch Pad to post details on their script (title, writers name, logline, genre, and competition details) as well as regarding the writer (biography, picture) to their site, or sister site to help promote the entrants’ work.
- By entering the competition, entrants are acknowledging their eligibility for the competition. The vast majority of entrants enter in good faith, and validating everyone at the entry stage would be inefficient and take away from efforts reading and finding the best scripts. Therefore, we check eligibility at the Top 100 Finalist stage, which allows us to confirm eligibility prior to winner selection. If an issue comes to our attention earlier, we will address eligibility issues in earlier rounds on a case-by-case basis.
- All purchases and submissions are final. No refunds will be issued.
- VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- You agree to release and hold harmless LaunchPad, its subsidiary, parent and affiliated companies, prize contributors, judges, readers, sponsors, and any other organizations responsible for administering, advertising, or promoting the competition, and every one of their respective members, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Released Parties”) past and present from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to damages and negligence to property and persons, including but not limited to invasion of privacy, defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, copyright, infringement of trademark or other intellectual property rights relating to a participant’s entry, participation in the competition and/or acceptance or use or misuse of prize; provided however, that such release will not apply to any commercial exploitation of the script by a Released Party in violation of your rights under applicable copyright law; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the LaunchPad and its sponsors, agents, and employees from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorneys fees) relating to an entrant’s participation in the competition and/or entrant’s use or misuse of Prize.