The first annual Innovasian summit in November 2019 celebrates Asian Americans in entertainment, featuring innovative names both established and on the rise, strengthening our communities and providing voices for this and the next generations. Enter our screenwriting mentorship contest! Winner to be featured for a Q&A at Ermantourage’s November 2019 Innovasian entertainment summit on a day of screenings, panels/Q&A’s, meet and greets, performances, and more. Winner will also be featured for an interview in Vents Magazine.
We are seeking Asian storytellers with unique voices. For films and screenplays, features, pilots, and shorts are welcome!
Only screenplays are accepted through the Coverfly platform. For different mediums, please visit: http://ermantourage.com/innovasian/
*Portion of fees from submissions will support the endeavors of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention LA.
Meet with fantastic industry mentors including:
1. Curt Kanemoto, senior vice president, Atlas Entertainment; co-producer, “Wonder Woman”
2. Gloria Fan, Vice President, Fox 21 Television Studios (comedy and drama programming)
3. Sang Kyu Kim, writer/producer, “The Walking Dead” (2012-2013); supervising producer/writer, “24: Live Another Day”; writer, “Wayward Pines”; co-executive producer/writer, “Designated Survivor”
4. Kyle Vinuya, Development Coordinator of Original Series, Amazon Studios
5. Ashley Lee, entertainment reporter, LA Times; former editor at The Hollywood Reporter
Other great benefits include:
- Be Featured - Winner to be featured for a Q&A at Ermantourage’s November 2019 Innovasian summit, an event celebrating creatives of Asian descent.
- Get Interviewed - Winner to have a featured interview in digital magazine Vents Magazine and other outlets to be announced.
- Get Connected - Win mentorship meetings with leading names in the entertainment industry.
-Open to all ages. If grand prize winner is under 18, he or she must be accompanied by legal guardian at meeting.
-Applicants can be located anywhere in the world. Must have a passport and travel should you want to attend the summit. International entries are allowed but the material must be written in English.
– If a screenplay is submitted, it must be in PDF format.
– Re-submissions are allowed but entry fee must be paid again.
– Your title page should include the correct contact information.
– At the time of your submission, the script must not have been produced or optioned.
– Please no adaptations of material based on another’s intellectual property.
– If the script is written by a writing duo, the meeting may be with both writers.
– Submissions must be the original work of the submitting applicant.