NexTV Writing & Pitch CompetitionEnter Now
SUCCESS begins with ACCESS
This is your opportunity for exposure at a truly significant level. Our winner's panel is made up of a cross-section of industry insiders who will review our winner's material.
*note: 'Winner's Panel' page will be updated throughout the call-for-entries period.
Welcome to another NexTV competition with Level 4 Press/Publishing as a competition sponsor. Winners will all get their scripts read by industry professionals, and a select special few of the winners will be offered a chance to adapt a Level 4 book/novel with a Level 4 management personnel over the course of a couple months.
WINNER'S PANEL READERS:
- Writer on Boardwalk Empire and the upcoming Apple+ mini-series, In With the Devil (tentative title) starring Taron Egerton & Paul Walter Hauser.
- David McKenna - Writer/Producer of American History X, Blow, SWAT, and Embattled
- Executive Producer of CURSR (Netflix) & VP Content, Scott Free TV
- Executives from Major Indie Studios
- Agents from the likes of such reputable & prestigious agencies as Gersh amongst others
- Execs from the Netflix Drama Team
- With many more to follow!
Prices & Deadlines
Standard Entry + Feedback
This competition is run by long-time industry veterans with deep relationships at agencies and among studio/network executives, Producers and high-end talent.
As a result of our competitions, previous winners/fellows have gotten signed by top agents at ICM, CAA, Larchmont Lit and others. They have been staffed on television series, sold their submissions as specs to both indie financiers and studio buyers and met with execs from Lionsgate, Bad Robot, Fox TV Studios, Comedy Central, Fox 21, HBO Max, Freeform, Harpo/OWN, Facebook Watch and others.
All category winners will be announced in a press release that will be delivered to the personal email boxes of over 100 of the top executives in Hollywood. Moreover, all finalists/winners will be read by top industry professionals.
- A 12-week development process taking you from book-to-screenplay or teleplay
- A chance to adapt a Level 4 book/novel with a Level 4 management personnel over the course of a couple months.
- Management Mentorship on creating & crafting your script
- Expert development notes & assessments by Level 4 Managers
- Script Sales & Career Strategy instruction
- Pitch deck & high-end marketing collateral created for the project
Note: If you feel that you have a better format for letting a potential buyer know what the show you are selling is, we welcome your creativity.
Note: We prefer written material to be submitted as a PDF document.
- ALL GENRES ACCEPTED
- Students are welcome.
- All submitted material must be the original work of the author(s).
- All submitted material must be in English.
- We accept material from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
- If Video submission is NOT in English, we require subtitles or dubbing.
- Please submit one copy only.
- Pages must be numbered.
- Any submitted scripts must be in industry standard format.
- The Writer’s name(s) should appear on the title page ONLY; not on any other page of the script.
- No other information outside of name, title of work and WGA registration (if applicable) should appear on the title page. If it is based on a true story or another work, it should be noted on the title page (and appropriate rights must be attained by writer, if necessary).
- We recognize that television ‘source material’ can come in a wide variety of written formats, so the only limitation is that Feature Screenplays are between 90 and 150 pages in length.
- Multiple Writers/Creators are allowed, but, if the project wins an award, that award will be divided among the writers, by the writers.
- Multiple entries from the same Writer/Creator are accepted, but each must have its own Entry Form & Fee.
- No substitutions or updated/re-edited versions of the project will be accepted without officially “re-submitting’ the project.
- Entry Fees are non-refundable. No refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Contest applicants must accept without reservations the decisions rendered by the competition.
- Entry must be accompanied by the following:
- Completed ENTRY FORM
- The appropriate ENTRY FEE
- WRITTEN WORK.
- If you become a Finalist, you will be contacted to provide a close-up photo. These may be displayed with your project title on our site and on all press materials and releases.
Copyright and Sub-rights:
Copyright and all sub-rights for the books used as IP during the development with Level 4 Press will not be transferred to the screenwriters. Level 4 Press, Inc. will retain sole ownership of the books and any screenplay adaptations that emerge from the competition's development. If that screenplay or teleplay is sold or set-up, the screenwriter will receive writing credit and financial participation, but Level 4 Press, Inc. is not obligated to use any screenplays that emerge from the competition & development.