The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers an opportunity for emerging screenwriters and filmmakers to have their short film financed and produced.
2019’s Fund will award production financing for at least one short film with an allocated budget of up to $15,000 per project, with a minimum budget of $10,000. Plus, our sponsor ARRI Rental will provide free production equipment rental for the duration of the production.
The Fund welcomes submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from around the world. We accept short scripts, animations, and proof of concept shorts for TV pilots and features. Screenplays must be in English and cannot exceed 30 Pages. The production can be filmed in any country.
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post- production services and promotion.
Our previous Fund winners have had their films screened at Tribeca, BFI London Film Festival, Austin, Edinburgh, Encounters, and LSFF.
Our Grand Prize winner(s) will receive a production budget of up to $15,000, with a minimum of $10,000. And the resulting short film will be sent to our Judges, Industry and Directors Roster. That’s over a 150 of the best people working in the industry who will see your work.
ARRI Rental will provide free camera rental equipment for the duration of the shoot.
Top 15 Finalists will have their scripts sent out to our Short Judges, Industry and Directors Roster. As well as winning free festival tickets to one of these international festivals: Edinburgh, New Orleans, Raindance, Vancouver, Tampere, and The Macoproject LA.
Top 5 Finalists will also receive an exclusive feedback report from one of our Short Judges on how to best develop their project.
Plus, our Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- a Free 1-Year Subscription to WriterDuet Pro
- a Free copy of Final Draft
- and a Free 6-month membership to the International Screenwriters’ Association
* Scripts must be within 2-30 pages
* Writers from all countries are welcome to enter. All scripts must be in English.
* The winning script(s) can be produced in any country.
* We accept short scripts, animations, web series, and proof of concept TV pilots and features.
* All ages can enter.
* All genres welcome. You may submit as many scripts as you wish.
* All screenplays submitted must be the writer's original work, or they own the copyright.
* If a writing team enters, then all the writers must consent.
* The filmmaking team will have the final call on cast, crew, and edit.
* To help the environment, Shore Scripts only accepts electronic entries.
* The writer must not have earned more than $30,000 (£24,000 approx.) in screenwriting fees in the last five years. This clause is in place to help us support emerging talent. Screenwriting contest awards do not count toward this total.
* Shore Scripts staff and associates are unable to enter the fund.
* You may enter a newer draft of an already submitted script. There will be a small fee involved. You may re-enter your script through our Resubmission page or via our industry partner’s platforms.
* Scripts must be submitted in PDF format.
* The winner(s) consent to Shore Scripts using their name, script title, and any other relevant information for promotional purposes on their website. This will be used to inform other contestants and the media of the results.
* If Shore Scripts helps a writer gain representation, option, sell, or have his/her screenplay produced, then we are entitled to state this on our website and on any other platforms that we see fit.
* Shore Scripts will be able to promote the winning film(s) in any way in which they see fit.
* If the writer wishes to direct his or her own script, then it will be given serious consideration. A previous portfolio of work will help in making this decision.
* We are open to working with filmmakers known to the winner(s). We will also open to co-productions and additional funding from outside sources.
* Shore Scripts will be one of the production companies credited on the project. David Beazley will also be credited as ‘Executive Producer’.
* The budget will either go through Shore Scripts or be transferred to a producer working with the filmmakers.
* The decision of Shore Scripts is final. By applying to this fund each participant agrees to hold Shore Scripts, our judges and sponsors immune from any competition disputes, claims, liabilities, and expenses.
* By entering Shore Scripts, you authorize us to use any trusted third-party online and cloud-based services and databases for hosting, managing, and/or transmitting your submission file(s).
* Shore Scripts are flexible as to the production dates of the winning project(s). However, if said projects haven’t been filmed within 18 months of our winner’s announcement, Shore has the discretion to transfer the funds to another submitted project.